Run disney?

BiggieSmalls
on 4/1/14 10:09 pm

So with the new and improved me post RNY I wanted to set some goals for myself. I was able to get the Hubs to agree to a trip to Disney for the whole family if I start training for a 10k at the Disney Marathon Weekend. I wanted to see if anyone else might go to any of the run disney events and had any advice or plans for the one in January? I'm going to be running the race alone so it would be cool to know if others had similar plans! Thanks!

HW: 278 SW: 273  CW: 198 GW: 170 surgery 3/3/14  bypass 

Jen Lyn
on 4/5/14 7:21 am
RNY on 11/11/13

I just wanted to say Congratulations.  Running a 10K at Disney is an amazing thing to do.  January was cold to me when I visited Florida so you might have to dress warmer than normal.

KittenLove
on 4/7/14 9:53 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
The january disney weekend is my dream! I did princess in 2012 but am likely doing the dopey challenge in 2015! (We'll see if my outlook changes after my full this weekend)

Be happy. 

docksandaltars
on 5/4/14 6:32 pm
RNY on 01/28/14 with

My daughter and I are actually training for the Wine and Dine half marathon this fall.  She did exactly what you did.  Her husband agreed to the trip if we ran the 1/2 marathon.  Best thing we've ever done as it's given us a real, solid, and truly pleasurable goal. 

Most Active