Belt Lipectomy/Muscle pain fourteen months out...could it be from exercising?

K. L
on 8/27/14 2:43 am
RNY on 08/20/12

Hello all...I'm posting this on a few different forums that I use because it's an all encompassing issue (/ I have no idea what it could be from in regards to GBS, plastics, or exercise), I'm just hoping someone might have some insight...

I'm two years out from GBS and fourteen months out from a lower body lift/belt lipectomy. I've been working out pretty hard since about two months after my plastics/last August (when my surgeon gave me the ok). I still keep ab exersices to a minimum, though do some core stuff like planks.

I remember having an achy feeling in my stomach muscles starting back in March (so five months ago), and this is around the time I started amping up my running for a July race. I had had the numb/heeling feeling in my abs, but this pain came on in a very certain spot in my lower abs.  Sometimes the pain feels like a knot, sometimes it feels like gas, and sometimes it's an odd pulling feeling on the other side of my belly button. It often makes me nausheous, especially when I run. I usually just bru**** off and assosciate it with all my stomach has been through. I did go to Urgent Care back in March thinking it was a pulled muscle of some sort, but they said I was fine and just needed to rest up. Since they didn't see anything then, I continued to bru**** off, mostly assosciating it with the healing process of plastics, as I know it can take a year. Essentially, the Urgent Care visit gave me peace of mind that something was not internally wrong, even though they basically just listened to my medical history and did no internal exam.

However, recently this pain has been worse, much more sensitive especially to the touch, and I've noticed a large lump that is getting bigger and more swollen. Sometimes my entire tummy is even swollen. It has also made me significantly more nausheous the past few days. I went in today to see my GBS surgeon, as I was concerned it could be a hernia or something to do with my intenstines. I trust him, and after a physical exam he said he does not believe it is a hernia, and does not feel that exposing someone young/healthy like me to a CT scan at this time is a good idea. He could feel the lump I refer to, but just does not believe it to be a hernia, and instead thinks it is from the muscle work from my plastics. I do trust him, and since the pain is more of a sensitive spot vs. excruciating pain, I am not going to push for a CT scan. However, I can't figure out why the pain fourteen months after plastics is getting worse. Has anyone experienced something similar? Perhaps has any input or advice? Could it be from working out? I don't want to keep visiting doctors and feeling crazy when they say I am fine and just healing, but I also don't think my pain should be getting worse fourteen months after plastics...

Most Active