Body Pump

Amy K.
on 10/2/14 2:42 pm - Tucson, AZ

Anyone ever been to a body pump class? I went for the first time on Tuedsay and LOVED it! It was amazing! I've never been one for group classes, but this is one I'll go back to. It was an hour of weight restisnce trianjng with a crazy number of reps. Decided it was time to try something new and start building muscle. 

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

Quanita L.
on 10/6/14 11:18 am - Adelaide, Australia
VSG on 11/12/14

Hi
over the years I have been a semi-gym junkie and tried to get back into fitness and every time Body Pump is the shizzle for me.  I loved the music, the format of the class, the fact that it wasn't as crazy cardio as a full on cardio class and when you start out you make amazing leaps in strength and muscle gain.  I bought the program you can do at home and tried it out about this time last year.  I guess it would get boring doing the same classes the whole 12 weeks, but I wanted something I could do at home and thought that would be a great option.

I ended up dropping it because i told myself I wanted to start a heavy lifting program - that didn't work out - not because of the program or its merits, but because of me.

If you like PUMP and are interested in home stuff, the other things I have seen that are similar and also get rave reviews is Chalean Extreme (there are a lot of associated High Intensity Cardio classes, but the weights one appealed to me big time).

The added benefits you get from pump are most of the same that you would get from a heavy lifting program, but you will hit a wall with that, because there is only so much weight you can lift with those super high reps. When you get there, you have to transition to something else, because the class itself will essentially be cardio and it's not as good as cardio can get.

But yay! lots of people love body pump, I did and hope to again post surgery.
enjoy :D

Q Re-VSG & Plicated 12Nov2014 (all kg) HW: 110 '06 & 98 '14 SW : 89 CW: 81.3 Pre-Surgery: -9 M1: -6.3 M2: -1.4  TTL: -16.7    

KattattaK
on 10/20/14 5:18 am

I own the les mills pump dvd set from beach body but haven't done it in quite a while :(

Most Active