Has anyone tried Vida or MyFitnessPal?

torimartin
on 11/9/14 11:28 pm

Hello,

Has anyone on here used a health coaching service like Vida or tracker like MyFitnessPal to get in shape?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/12/14 11:28 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I use my fitness pal to log in food & exercise, but I really like it for working with the fit bit app which is mainly for the fit bit one pedometer that I bought, that's what really motivates me as far as exercise goes. So all in all the fit bit for exercise, the my fitness pal for the food.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

TGeiger
on 11/15/14 9:07 pm - Lafayette, LA

I highly recommend My Fitness Pal. It is very easy to use and it helps to monitor your daily workouts.

Your Personal training coach in Lafayette, LA. Subscribe to my Free Training Tidbits

Dan1962
on 11/17/14 7:19 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I log every bit of food and excersive in there (my fitness pal).  You can also put in recipes and it will calculate the nutritional information per serving, its great.

sparkling_dawn
on 11/21/14 4:53 am - New Castle, IN

I've used My Fitness Pal, Lose It and Spark People... all are Calorie Tracking aps. The Department of Health and Human Services also has a very detailed tracker on their website that tracks vitamins and dietary requirements in detail. They are useful. But they have some setbacks.

I don't know about you or your issues with food, but I have some disordered issues with food. When I track with those apps I obsess over every calorie, then I get frustrated and binge. And/or the apps tell me I can eat way more than I actually SHOULD eat as a bariatric patient or MORE than I should eat after exercising, and I eat too much. Or I see that I took in too few calories according to the app (but totally normal for a weight loss surgery patient), and I panic and eat more calories than I really need to.

terrylynn
on 3/29/15 3:12 pm - Lansing, MI

I'm trying to adjust the dietary goals on the Garmin Vivofit while tracking my food with My Fitness Pal.   I'm 10 years out after a Reun-Y.  After a fall which caused me to break my arm and leg, I put on 14.5 lbs.  I have to do something to motivate me to get rid of this unwanted FAT.

What % of proteins, carbs, and fats would be a good guideline?  I found out how to change the goals but don't know a good set of goals for a WLS patient.

Can anyone help?

Thanks 

David147
on 3/16/15 8:31 pm

I just started, but i'm using My Fitness Pal. 
It has a really good list of foods, as well as a place to input your own. 
You can add recipes. 
I have inputted my "exercise of choice" 

It tracks weight, calories, carbs, Fiber, protein, fat, amount of calories burned per your weight, you name it! 

i think, that like anything, it's a tool. The motivation has to come from within! 

Thus far, i'm happy with it!

Most Active