No weights over 25 lbs for 4 weeks....

Jack Allen
on 2/24/15 11:52 pm - Leesburg, VA

No weights over 25 lbs for 4 weeks...

OK so these were my outpatient restrictions. 13 more days until I can get this resctriction lifted.  Last night my wife and I went to Home Depot to buy some tile for a bathroom remodel.  I had to lift half cases (how they were packaged) of tiles. Move them to the dolley, move them in the car, move them out of the car.  What a workout.  I can tell you they did weigh more than 25 lbs but only by a few lbs (not like 100 lbs or crazy like that) and I did not lift all of them, my wife helped. I was very careful to not overdo it and when done I could tell it was a slight workout.  I did not do my walking last night as this took up most of the night.  I woke up 2 lbs lighter than yesterday. 

I don't plan on lifting anymore until the restriction is lifted, this was just a nice surprise. When walking on the treadmill I do use 2 lb hand weights as I walk. I hope that helps.

Once the restriction is lifted, me and my kids are going to do the 100 pushup and 200 situp challenge every other day to help me with muscle and core strength.  I will be running on the other days.

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/15 1:40 am - GA

Sounds like a great plan once the restriction is lifted. Congrats on the 2 pound loss from yesterday. Yea, lifting tiles will get your heart rate up. I wish you continued success.

Most Active