Anyone still play Dance Dance Revolution?

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/15 11:28 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I'm curious if anyone else still plays the semi-defunct Dance Dance Revolution games. I got really into them in college (2003-06) and just rediscovered them last fall when I started my pre-op classes. I'd forgotten how amazing it is to do workouts you actually enjoy! It's helped my endurance so much and I've upped the intensity SO much -- I've gone from burning about 300 calories an hour at 300 lbs to well over 700 calories an hour after losing 60 lbs, and my resting heart rate has dropped from 102 to 75. Does anyone else still play? I'd love to meet a DDR buddy! I have all the old games for Playstation, PS2, and Wii, and I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and all the games they made for it.  

MAchick
on 3/21/15 1:24 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

I used to LOVE DDR about 12 years ago wen I worked at an arcade. I lost some good weight, too. I tried a version at home on the playstation, I think, but didn't like it as much. Recently I gave it a shot at an arcade again and had a blast!

You say they have a version for Wii?

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/15 1:30 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

That's awesome! There are 5 games for the Wii, but the newest 2 are my favorites. I have a foam dance mat that works on multiple devices...I like it because the buttons are raised so you can feel them through socks. What's funny is I never liked the arcade version as much because the buttons are recessed. I should try it again though...if I can get used to that, I could get a fancy metal dance pad for my games at home, hahaha.

MAchick
on 3/21/15 1:33 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

I just googled and found the games. Looks like I'll be buying some with my tax return!! This is exciting! And they sell metal pads?! You have made my night!

Yes, when I was younger I played for hours. We had a group of us that toured the local arcades in our own mini tournament-type things. NO SHAME! I'll never forget the time I completed Japan on hard level...

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/15 2:07 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Haha you're welcome, I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with this game! This is the place I found that sells metal pads:

http://www.precisiondancepads.com/index.php

I hope to get one someday! I never played much in arcades, but I won a few competitions in the dorms in college!

Most Active