FitBit - Review?

mrs_smith_canada
on 6/24/15 7:33 am

hi friends, 

I just wanted to know if anyone has the Fitbit HR activity tracker? I am considering getting one but the reviews are all over the map. 

I have a HR monitor that goes around my chest and that is how I accurately track my heart-rate to calculate my calorie burn but I would much rather a compact option - but wondering how accurate it is. 

Thanks for any feedback! 

07-01-2011 SW 311 LBS

WEIGHT LOSS PRE-SURGERY 37 LBS

SURGERY DATE 10-06-2011 274 LBS 

GOAL WEIGHT 145 

CW 143 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/24/15 6:35 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I have the fitbit hr & I really luv this little thing.

I also have a recumbent bike that came with a polar chest strap & the numbers on that was pretty similar to the ones on the fitbit.

I've also bought the apple watch & compared the fitbit to the watch & the numbers are also very close.

Maybe one day I'll wear all 3 at the same time whenever I ride my recumbent bike again, but that probably won't be till wintertime or a rainy day. The weather has been nice & I want to ride outdoors for as long as I can.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

mrs_smith_canada
on 6/25/15 6:36 am

Excellent! thank you so much... I've been wondering how accurate the HR function is. 

07-01-2011 SW 311 LBS

WEIGHT LOSS PRE-SURGERY 37 LBS

SURGERY DATE 10-06-2011 274 LBS 

GOAL WEIGHT 145 

CW 143 

PaulGoodwin
on 6/27/15 2:18 pm

I have a Fit*****arge HR and love it. I've only tested the HR accuracy against a treadmill and it was within like 3 bpm. I've noticed when I'm really active it takes about 30 seconds for the FitBit to kind of catch up and register an accurate heart rate.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/11/15 4:36 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Let me know if you got one - I am researching for a fitness tracker now and researching the features I need:

track steps

heart rate monitor

inactivity vibration alert (not just a chime) that reminds to get up and move around

The Fitbit HR is one that I am looking at but I cant find out if it has the vibrating (silent) inactivity alert.

Does anyone know??

Thanks

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/15 9:17 pm
RNY on 06/30/15

I did a ton of research before choosing the jawbone brand.  I love it!  I read way too many reviews saying that fit bit added too many steps (like riding in the car,  or even walking,  it counts too many) and I wanted something more accurate to get a true sense of my activity.  I did not get a model with a HR monitor,  I don't need it.  It tracks my steps and sleep incredibly accurately.  I have no experience with fit bit and don't want to discourage,  I think all of these are great and better than nothing.  I just know jawbone had overall better reviews and my experience with it has been fantastic.  Good luck! 

Most Active