Are these snacks really okay to eat?

PaulGoodwin
on 7/9/15 1:34 pm

I'm trying to find some healthier snacks to keep around the house. 

I found a few here: http://www.listfitness.com/10-healthy-snack-recipes/

But, honestly how do I know if they are even healthy? Do I just look at macros, like carbs/protein/fat? Or sugars or what's even important?

cabin111
on 7/10/15 5:38 am, edited 7/10/15 5:39 am

Those are NOT good snacks.  Don't know where you are in your weight loss, or if you had surgery and what kind.  When I think of snacks I think of plain fruit (in small amounts) to give you a better sugar and fiber.  Plain nuts, raisins, plain yogurt with your own added fruit in it can work.  If it has sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or large amounts of honey...Avoid it.  If it has a lot of breads (cakes)...Simple carbs, avoid it.  Simple carbs are the enemy (Devil)!!  AVOID!!  Brian 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/10/15 3:21 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Do you have a nutritionist/dietician as part of your weight loss team? Everyones plan is different. While some eat small amounts of fruit as part of their plan, others don't. Raisins & nuts are nice but you have to be careful how much you eat cuz you can go overboard on them, same with fruit, some peoples plans doesn't even include snacks.

My plan is very protein forward, so out of that list I'd probably go with the mushrooms, & the bacon & chicken bites. I'd like popcorn too, but without the honey, & not more than a cup. The rest, maybe if you were in maintenance & sparingly at that.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 7/11/15 4:19 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The bacon chicken bites and crispy chickpeas are the only ones I'd consider. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/15 8:45 pm - Pompano Beach, FL

If you are in a weight loss journey then its very necessary to count your calories along with what you are eating is proportionately important.

If "X" eats 1,200 calories a day of cake, cookies and white bread, "X" is probably not going to lose any weight.

"Y" eats 1,200 calories a day of fresh vegetables and fruit and lean protein, "Y" is probably going to lose some weight and get a lot more nutrients from food.

This is how you need to distinguish between what will be right food to consume.

Most Active