Weekly Workouts 5.2.16

billmacc7
on 5/1/16 6:44 pm - MA

REST WEEK

Ran my 1st Marathon today. Still hard to wrap my mind around that...

As I crossed the finish line arms raised with my 15 year old son Evan and 14 year old daughter Abby I cried tears of joy, pride and gratitude for choosing WLS and giving me a chance for a healthier life!!!! At 350 then and 205 now this would not have been possible!!!I highly doubt I will run another....still ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Yours in WLS,

Bill Mac

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

docbad32
on 5/2/16 6:17 am

Congratulations!  Give it a week and you'll be looking for the next one to do.  Hope you're not in too much pain.

Monday-Rest

Tuesday-6 mile run

Wednesday-5 mile run

Thursday-4 miles of hill repeats

Friday-rest

Saturday-14 mile trail run

Sunday-5 mile run

VSG:  3/12/15

billmacc7
on 5/2/16 7:57 am - MA

Hi,

Quick  update although I am sore overall not as bad as I thought. Still it is my calves that hurt the most but was up this morning at 4:30 to go to the gym with my son. I swim in the light walk and continue to stretch. At this point cannot imagine doing another but you never know right!!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

highlandbear
on 5/29/16 6:41 pm - Canada

When I did around the bay race which is 30 k the very first time as soon as I cross the finish line and my trainer put the medal around me she said well and I looked at her and said are you crazy you want me to do a marathon. Every part of my body hurt and she said yes but a few more k. I said OK and you know as time goes your body does not hurt as much as your first one. Now I might say after I do my ultra no more ultra but never say never. Give yourself time and you might just see yourself doing another one. No mater what be proud that you did this one and you finish upright and smiling

Most Active