First workout since VSG

Msjones514
on 5/10/16 2:55 pm
VSG on 03/31/16

Today I exercised for the first time since my surgery on March 31. By "exercise", I mean I walked on my treadmill for 15 minutes, then did 10 reps each on my weight machine. I have been so weak since surgery, and I know my lack of activity is mostly to blame. I am so angry at myself for not getting with the program before now. 

Thank you all for listening. 

On my way back to being me. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/16 5:56 pm - GA

I totally agree. You should be angry and pissed off. Valuable time has been lost which you can't get back. My question to you is how are you going to channel your anger. Are you going to use it for motivation to not miss more workouts and determination in putting forth your best effort each workout from this moment forth or will it  keep you focused on what you did not do on something you can not change. You have vented and we have listened. Now move forward.

kyzze
on 5/16/16 9:54 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

This is great for only 6 days since surgery. Don't be discouraged, it is going to take time to build up your endurance, just try to keep moving everyday, it will get better.

Kyzze

Deanna798
on 5/18/16 1:19 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Wow, I just saw that PPs comment about being pissed off.  You shouldn't be angry at yourself for not exercising a month after surgery.  Honestly, be kind to yourself.  I didn't exercise for the first 6 months outside of just being more active because I was losing weight.  Your body is still healing, and my doctor didn't give me release for any strenuous exercise until I was 6 weeks post op.

Exercise is good for you, but it's not what helps you lose weight.  Do what you can and don't get down on yourself if you find yourself tired.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active