Saturday-5 Mile run

Sunday-Rest

Have a happy, healthy week!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

highlandbear
on 8/14/16 7:51 pm, edited 8/15/16 12:12 pm - Canada

I know Monday and Wed is swim 

Tue will be a 60 minute run and after that not sure I will add once I see my trainer. 

We were waiting for this weekend to see how the knee would hold up running for a hour. No pain so now back to training and we have to make up some lost time.

Well I have found out my work out for this week

Thursday 60 minute run with 3 x hill running

Friday 40 min bike and 30 minute strength training

Saturday will be the true test for the knee 3 hour run

Sunday walk and enjoy the day

docbad32
on 8/15/16 8:16 am

Went and did some course recon for my 50k in October this weekend.  Got lost on a wrong turn and got some gnarly scratches from tromping off trail.  I did climb a peak to 11,300 ft though, so that's cool. 

Monday-rest

Tuesday-6 mile run

Wednesday-4 mile hill repeats

Thursday-6 mile run

Friday-rest

Saturday-20 mile run

Sunday-14 mile trail run.

VSG:  3/12/15

highlandbear
on 8/15/16 7:12 pm - Canada

That is an amazing climb. Good for you. I do say us trail runners are crazy people. We fall get beat up but go right back out there. What is your goal time for the race. Mine is between 8 and 9 hours. I am not a fast runner but does it matter. Working on speed.

docbad32
on 8/16/16 5:51 am

As far as a goal time, I really have no idea.  A weird time in my head is 8 hours, but I have no idea if that's attainable.  I ran the two sections in just under 8 so maybe...

As far as speed goes, I don't work too much on it.  I do some longer tempo runs at half marathon pace, maybe once a week.  The thing I focus most on is climbing.  Just trying to get as much elevation gain as I can because that's the hard part for me.  Maybe once I start becoming more competitive with my times, I'll worry about speed.  Right now I'm just trying to survive.

VSG:  3/12/15

highlandbear
on 8/16/16 9:34 am - Canada

Just to finish the race is what matters and even for those who don't going out there and trying is what counts. The only reason I have set a goal is because last year I did 25 and finished around the 4 hour mark so i feel I should be able to do it between 8 and 9 hours. Your race sounds much tougher than mine. Keep up the wonderful job

Most Active