Post Op Diet/Energy Pills

Hilary K.
on 8/23/16 8:46 pm - San Jose, CA

Hi there! I've stalled for a month and I'm only in month 3 post op. I workout with my trainer 3x a week and 2x a week on my own. I've only lost 35 pounds. I'm already hungry. Has anyone tried Hydroxycut or something along those lines to lose weight faster, appetite control, and gain energy? If so, which pill would you recommend that's the safest? I feel like I already need a boost and getting discouraged. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Gwen M.
on 8/24/16 8:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

If these things worked, no one would get surgery :)  

What, exactly, are you eating each day?  How much liquid are you getting?  How much exercise are you doing?  

35 pounds in three months is awesome, that's over 10 pounds a month - woo!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Keith L.
on 8/24/16 6:05 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Those "fat burners" just increase your resting heart rate which does burn more calories, but you are talking about a marginal burn so they don't really do what they advertise plus they are hard on your heart so WAY not worth it.

I would look more at optimizing what you are eating and when. Eating before/after working out makes a big difference. What you are eating does as well.

Have you increased your carb count to give you more energy for your workouts? Are you taking supplements or workout (pre/post) drinks. These are all things that could potentially be knocking you out of ketosis.

You could also be experiencing adrenal fatigue which would halt your weight loss from working out too much. If your workouts are particularly strenuous this could be the case. Make sure you are getting adequate sleep and make sure you are drinking lots of plain old water.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/16 11:46 am

You're doing well so keep up the good work. I only lost about 8 to 10 lbs most months but it still added up to 150lbs over time. 

Remember the tortoise wins the race.

I run and bike about 4 times per week and need the days off. As I increased protein and healthy calories, I lost more weight (up to a point).

Most Active