Playing is the secret to long-term success

Cassie W.
on 9/6/16 5:27 pm, edited 9/6/16 5:28 pm

In celebration of my 10-year anniversary, I completed my second Ironman last month.  I've maintained my goal weight  by finding activities that I enjoy and simply going outside and playing with my friends.  What was once exercise turned into a lifestyle and it all started with a couch to 5k program where I could barely run a minute.

When I was first starting out, members of this board inspired me to imagine the possibilities.  I thank them for the inspiration to believe that we can do anything and become anything we want to be, even an Ironman.

Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

billmacc7
on 9/7/16 1:31 pm - MA

Thank you so much for very inspiring Post!!!! A full ironman is AWESOME....I have done a full marathon and a separate Sprint Tri...goal of an Olympic Tri is next....like you said gotta continue to play!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Cassie W.
on 9/9/16 12:32 am

Congratulations! I love the triathlete community and having multiple options to be active.  Sounds like you've definitely been bitten by the bug! 

highlandbear
on 9/8/16 7:20 pm - Canada

You are amazing. I hope to do half iron man next year. truly admire people who can do the full. I dream about it but I don't think I could do it. 

I am trying so hard to lose 20 pounds that I have put on and I can not get it off. I have no idea why i have gained when i exercise all the time and watch what I eat. I wish I looked as good as you. 

Cassie W.
on 9/9/16 12:45 am

It all starts with a dream . . . as you train for and finish your half Ironman, it'll build the self confidence to pursue your next goal.

And I agree that it is sometimes difficult to understand the relationship of food intake, exercise and weight gain.  When my weight starts increasing, I go back to tracking every bite in a food journal to see my actual calorie intake and the quality of what I've been eating.  Usually I find that I've let my protein slip and am overestimating the calories burned during my workouts.

Good luck on training for your half!

Cassie

Most Active