Saturday-5 mile run

Sunday-Christmas 

Have a happy, healthy week!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Gwen M.
on 12/19/16 8:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I honestly don't know.  I've had lower back pain for the last few days and when I went to run on Saturday it became painfully (lolz) clear that I've got a kidney stone.  Every foot strike sent agonizing pain through the right side of my back.  

Here's the plan for the week, but it's a matter of playing things by ear and seeing what my body will tolerate and when I pass this stone.  

Monday - rest
Tuesday - running, yoga stretching (I had a long run planned for Saturday, so my running plans for this week are "as far as I can go" to make up for missing my long run.)  
Wednesday - pilates class, yoga class
Thursday - same as Tuesday
Friday - walking w/ family
Saturday - walking w/ family
Sunday - walking w/ family

I'm going to an AirBNB in the poconos with family for the holidays.  I have no idea if I'll be able to run while there or what.  I'm taking my gear, though!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

billmacc7
on 12/19/16 6:03 pm - MA

Hope u feel better?

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Stacy_WLS
on 12/19/16 11:20 am

This week is going to be tough.  I'm going to be in Tijuana at the hospital with my hubby.  

M - hotel workout

T - hotel workout

W - hotel workout

T - hotel workout

F - hotel workout

S - crossfit :)  only class I can make this week

S - not sure - maybe a run.  My gym is closed :(

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Stacy_WLS
on 12/19/16 11:25 am

This week is going to be tough.  I'm going to be in Tijuana at the hospital with my hubby.  

M - hotel workout

T - hotel workout

W - hotel workout

T - hotel workout

F - Travel Day

S - crossfit :)  only class I can make this week

S - not sure - maybe a run.  My gym is closed :(

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

highlandbear
on 12/19/16 5:03 pm - Canada

I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and everyone *****ads this

This week is way up in the air. Work is crazy for me and long hours and the sidewalks are so icy that I can not run outside right now.

My goal this week is to do a swim, strength training and a run. I have to find time to fit it in

billmacc7
on 12/19/16 6:04 pm - MA

Merry Christmas to you as well

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

docbad32
on 12/20/16 2:46 pm

Did a 5 mile run this morning

Wednesday-5 mile run

Thursday-5 mile run

Friday-rest/travel/pre-hab

Saturday-hoping to get in a 16 mile trail run but it's supposed to rain and snow so I may have to stick to the roads

Sunday-5 mile run

VSG:  3/12/15

cabin111
on 12/20/16 9:12 pm, edited 12/20/16 1:26 pm

I am all over the place with exercise/work.  What is work and what is exercise.  They mix so much in my life, at 61+ it becomes a blur.  I got my college degree in physical education.  Back in the 70's, I remember the professor saying when you exercise, if you can get your heart rate above 120 beats per minute for at least 12 minutes, you will continue to improve (over time) in your exercise strength and total lung capacity...Minimum requirement.  Yet, we look at people who exercise and die of heart attacks...And we see many old people working their gardens and are living a good life into their 80's and 90's!!  So I'm somewhere in between.  Here is my example for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...I don't know what the rest of the week will bring.

Sunday  Put slow dripping water on all the citrus trees at my home place, farm, and rental.  Picked oranges and tangerines...Gave them to friends and neighbors.  Ran errands in the car for much of the day.  At about 7 pm I realized I didn't get any exercise for the day.  So (since it's cold outside)...I just started walking in the house.  I think I averaged between 3.5-4 mph...A fair pace.  Things like walk to the bedroom...Turn around and walk back. Walked for over 1/2 hour.  During some of this time I am punching the air, doing different karate moves I learned from my daughter's classes, doing modified pushups against the kitchen counter, and doing basic aerobics moves while watching football in front of the TV.  All the window shades were closed...So I don't look too strange!!

Monday  Ran errands in the car...Shopping and such.  Went to an orchard I help work on...Pruned trees and tied trees (so the fruit won't break the branches in the summer).

Tuesday (today)  Rode my bike to the flea market...Got a massage $20.  About a mile each way.  Ran errands in the car...Put out garbage cans.  Went to the farm...Turned off the water under the citrus trees (no frost issues).  Picked oranges.  My tenant at the farm is a day sleeper...But she was up and I saw her leave to run an errand.  SO!  I grabbed the gas lawnmower (push) and mowed maybe 3/4 of an acre of tall weeds.  Good workout...Built up a good sweat.  That was my workout today.  

Each day is different...In the warmer months I'd be on my bike more.  Anyways...Just a long way to explain how I mix work with exercise.  Brian 

highlandbear
on 12/23/16 9:30 pm - Canada

It is amazing when need you can get work and exercise in together. I am slowly coming to realize on the days I know I can not get to the gym to speed up my walking as I go to client to clients homes. I bus it so i started to except my walking as a work out. I know with winter and walking through the snow is a real work out. I don't know where you live but you are so lucky to be where it is warm

Most Active