weekly work out 4.4.17

highlandbear
on 4/2/17 6:31 pm - Canada

I was not sure if I should start it tonight but my schedule is crazy this week and I am posting to help keep me on track and to know what I am doing hopefully

Monday a 50 minute bike ride with a 20 minute tempo

Tue s/f 20 minutes, swim 60 minutes run 30 minutes

Wed master swim

Thursday s/f 30 minutes run 60 minutes

Friday rest

Saturday ride 70 minutes

Sunday run 50 minutes ride 45 min speed work

Gwen M.
on 4/3/17 4:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Probably a dumb question, but are you training for a tri?

I'm looking forward to a "regular" week here. Last week was the first one I'd had in a while and it was glorious. Looking forward to another one this week! Although my abs are STILL killing me from Friday's pilates. First pilates in a month is very, very challenging.

Monday: yoga
Tuesday: running, yoga stretching
Wednesday: yoga
Thursday: running, yoga stretching
Friday: fitness classes (pilates/yoga hybrid, tai chi, pilates)
Saturday: running, yoga stretching
Sunday: yoga

Due to plastics, my next race isn't until March 2018, so I'm just working on correcting my running mechanics right now which means speed work to force my muscles to fire correctly.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

highlandbear
on 4/3/17 5:21 pm - Canada

i am training for my first ever half iron man. I have done tri tri but that is nothing comparing to half. I going to give it my best and if I don't fini**** because of time allowed that is OK. I need to see if I can do it and I am weak with the bike.

docbad32
on 4/3/17 6:00 am

Gonna be a big week. If I can get it done, I should be good to register for my next 50k.

Monday-yoga, and stuff

Tuesday-5 mile run am, 5 mile run pm

Wednesday-8 mile trail run

Thursday-4 mile trail run

Friday-yoga and stuff

Saturday-24 mile trail run. Aiming for 5,000ft climbing

Sunday-16 mile trail run. Aiming for 3,000ft of climbing

VSG:  3/12/15

highlandbear
on 4/3/17 5:26 pm - Canada

You will do it. Did you watch any of that 100 mile run. Barkley Marathon. My heart broke for the Canadian guy not just because he was from my country but I feel bad for anyone to come so close to finishing like he did. One amazing race.

Not doing a 50 this year. need to put all my training into the half iron man.

Let me know if you sign up and which one you will do. Maybe one day it will be you doing the Barkley

docbad32
on 4/4/17 5:42 am

Yeah, I was watching twitter as it was ending. Pretty brutal. I have no desires to run Barkley. I sometimes get lost on marked, easy trails. I don't do bushwacking.

highlandbear
on 4/4/17 5:31 pm - Canada

To me that was crazy and my heart broke for him to be so close and miss it by 6 seconds. I wonder what would have happen if he came in on time how they would handle the fact he came from the wrong way but had all his pages

docbad32
on 4/5/17 6:02 am

Laz, the race director, said that it didn't matter when he finished. By coming into camp the wrong way, he shorted the course by 2 miles. Although it doesn't seem like it, there is an actual course to follow. Not marked trails or anything, but a general direction you have to go. When he got his last page, he made a wrong turn that took him off course and cut it by 2 miles. It's pretty heartbreaking, but that's also what makes Barkley, Barkley.

highlandbear
on 4/5/17 7:29 pm - Canada

I did read that and I am sure he will be back to try again. It made it a very exciting race and it was a heart breaker for sure.

TheNewT
on 4/4/17 8:00 am
VSG on 08/04/14

I have to muscle through this week. My nothing formal Saturday spent at the STEAM festival on my feet for 6 hours did nothing good for my toes which already had issues. But the show goes on and my show is at the gym.

Monday -- upper body strength training (shoulders, chest, back, bi)

Tuesday -- Cardio

Wednesday -- upper body strength training (shoulders, tri)

Thursday -- Cardio

Friday -- Lower body strength training (please be happy toes)

Saturday/Sunday -- washing, packing and shipping the child to the grandparents. Woo hoo!!!!!

Most Active