Past time to commit to a real exercise program

AggieMae
on 4/7/17 1:15 am
VSG on 10/25/16

I had surgery 10/25 and have lost weight steadily. The only exercise I get is walking 3 miles every second day.

Now my weight loss is slow down and the PT I see says I am losing more muscle that fat and need to do more toning exercises. It's been over a month and other then a few half hatred efforts I am not doing what I know I have too do. I don't know why I am being so resistant.

So... starting tomorrow (Friday) I will alternate between cross fit and either walking or swimming laps EVERY DAY for then next 21 days. I will post my progress HERE daily.

Gwen M.
on 4/8/17 6:35 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Welcome to the exercise forum. :) We have a weekly post where we share our workout plans. I like using it to look at the week ahead and figuring out what I'll be doing.

Is PT in this case Physical Therapist?

Your plan sounds great - remember that stretching is REALLY important. And that one of the reasons people get injured is by trying to do too much all at once when they start.

People always tell me, "Oh, just listen to your body!" but, seriously, I spent the first ~35 years of my life ignoring my body so at this point I'm not even sure my body and I speak the same language. So listening to my body to know when to stop was not useful advice. This may or may not be true for you :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Lisa R.
on 4/26/17 1:51 pm - Madison Township, PA

I would also like to begin some sort of an exercise program. Exactly what at this point is the question, as in two weeks I will be having Tummy Tuck surgery and anything I start now will have to be put on some kind of hold.

I have to start being accountable to something and to someone (myself). If nothing else, for the next two weeks I should start walking at least? Saw a new Weight Loss physician today - my DS was done where I formerly lived - and she really wants to get me back on the right track of doing everything right. My eating habits have gone way down, and my exercise is non existent. This needs to change.

Lisa

DS Surgery with Fernando Bonanni, Abington, PA 12/26/07

TT, Lift and Implants with Dr. Christian Kauffman, Danville, PA 5/12/17

My heart wrestles in a kilt

Most Active