Office Exercise Tips!

cofoxie
on 2/26/18 3:12 am

Hi! I am new here.

I just would like to take this time to ask the community about some workout tips while inside the office. I work like 9 hours a day and 5 days a week. I would also like to know if there are new tech or tips to keep me healthy while working? I want to focus more on my health and fitness this year.

Thank you and looking forward to all your tips and knowledge.

Gwen M.
on 2/26/18 6:27 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you able to swap out your desk for a standing desk? Standing or using a treadmill can be helpful. There are also elliptical things that you can use under a regular sitting desk. Swapping out your chair for a stability ball can also be useful since it forces you to pay more attention to your core (abdomen and back).

Aside from that, walk as much as possible, take the stairs, park your car farther away, etc.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

cofoxie
on 2/26/18 9:11 pm

Hello Gwen M.

Thanks for your reply. The best option for me right now is to buy maybe a stability ball since I still need permission if I want to change my office table. And yeah, I walk as much as possible and skip elevators every now and then. I am also searching for any new technology maybe that I could use. I've seen a lot on TV but I still have to do some research about those products.

redmarx08
on 2/26/18 11:07 pm

Your best option is to commute so that you can have some time to walk and take the stairs. Workout within office hours depends on how lenient is the management of your office when it comes to this kind of activity.

cofoxie
on 2/28/18 12:35 am

I agree very much to you, redmarx08. I think the office will allow it but still, have to ask permission.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/27/18 1:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

There are some great videos on YouTube for desk stretching, and yoga you can do while sitting in a desk.

Set an alarm on your calendar or your phone to remind yourself to get up and stretch every hour or so. Some smar****ches and fitness bands can also be programmed to notify you if you've been sitting too long!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

redmarx08
on 2/27/18 10:46 pm

Really? I might check that out. Thanks!

cofoxie
on 2/28/18 12:38 am

Have to check on that too. I also saw some equipments that you can put under your table for some activity and exercise. What you think of those?

highlandbear
on 2/28/18 3:35 am - Canada

There is a lot of things you can do at your desk and I know there are many good sites on the net to give you some ideas. One idea is a ball under your feet and do some calf raises. Use your desk or wall and do some push ups. Squats is another thing you can do when you have a few minutes stand up and start doing some squats. On a break do the stairs or go to the stairs and use one stair and do steps up on it as fast as you can for a minute. you be surprise at the work out you get doing that. I do that one all the time waiting for the bus. Use the curb.

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/18 1:24 am

Stem Cell Treatment for Diabetes helps in cure of both Type1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes permanently in quick time. It is a kind of ayurvedic treatment for diabetes. in which stem cell therapy treatment is done for diabetes. For More Visit.....................................................................................................................................

[url= https://youtu.be/xHJsV--sFMo] Diabetes [/url]

Most Active