Weekly Workouts July 2 - July 8

Gwen M.
on 7/2/18 7:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've been saying that I'm going to be back on track for a while and then screwing it up, so I just got tired of posting and feeling like a liar. Now I actually feel like I am back on track, so I'll get us going this week!

Monday: yoga at home for my aching body
Tuesday: running and yoga stretching
Wednesday: yoga at home since my fitness class place is closed for the holiday
Thursday: running and yoga stretching
Friday: zenga class (skipping tai chi because I've decided it's okay to only go when my tai chi friend is there because I dislike the instructor)
Saturday: parkrun (free 5k race)
Sunday: yoga at home

I need to figure out a non-yoga stretching routine to do after my Saturday parkruns because I'm so used to doing my yoga routine for stretching that I've forgotten how to stretch "normally!"

I also realized that I really hunch my shoulders while running, so I need to figure out how to correct that. Because correcting running posture is -really- easy. NOT. One more thing to try to focus on while running.

How about you? What're you doing this week?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

highlandbear
on 7/2/18 6:37 pm - Canada

I am sorry for posting late. Today is a holiday and I was not even thinking about this. I am loving having a long weekend. It is real hot here. We are in the middle of a heat wave. I have been getting up real early to get my training in that has to be done outside

Posture is so important when running. try and remember staying straight and shoulders back will allow you to get the air you need. Good luck

Monday i rested just to hot to do anything

Tue will do a swim

wed master swim. strength training and dance class

Thursday run

friday either swim and a run or a bike ride still working on it

what i don't do on friday i will do saturday

sunday 170 minute ride and off the bike for a 10 minute run

I am waiting to for the weather report for the weekend.

Laura in Texas
on 7/7/18 1:01 pm

Great job, Gwen! Have you asked a trainer to help you correct your posture?

I am thinking of getting a trainer/coach to help my daughter with running. She will be in 8th grade and really likes cross country. I am hoping a coach can help her train more effectively so that she gets a medal this year. She was the 5th fastest girl at her school this past year but just missed out on getting a medal at the district meet. i don't think her school coaches are very helpful.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Gwen M.
on 7/7/18 1:05 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I haven't, but it's something I've considered. There aren't a lot of options where I live although Lance found someone in Baltimore - but that's an hour+ drive. It might be something that it easier to do after we move in 2020.

I did, however, have an unexpected bonus on this front this week. I was driven to join a gym due to the heat and the treadmills have individual TV screens. I turned mine off which left the screen as a reflective black surface - basically turning it into a mirror. This meant I was able to monitor my shoulders in the reflection the entire run and keep myself from hunching! My shoulders felt so much better after that run. :D Who knew?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Laura in Texas
on 7/7/18 1:14 pm

That's great!! lol

I live in a big city and it is tough to find a good coach here, too, which is why I haven't done it yet. I wish I could run, but my knees are shot. I am trying to baby them as long as I can before I need to do something about them.

When I first lost weight I walked a lot in front of mirrors to work on my gait. My center of gravity was so different. It threw me off for a long time!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active