Best Exercise for Flabby Arms

Lisa T.
on 4/12/05 9:45 am - Random Lake, WI
I'm looking for the best, most effective exercise, to tone up my flabby arms. I have the under-arm wiggle and there seems to be a number of different exercises out there but I don't know which are most effective (and speedy, of course). Can anyone help me?
Kasey
on 7/25/05 10:03 am - Baltimore, MD
Lisa, the muscles on the back of the arms are the triceps, so do a Google search to find with exercises to work those muscles. Your gym also probably has some Nautilus or Cybex machines designed to work the triceps, so check with the staff there. Your profile doesn't say how much you've lost, but what you've described sounds like redunant skin left after massive weight loss. Exercise won't make that go away. Plastic surgery might be your next step. Kasey 365/220/195
Mark Shields
on 11/19/05 12:00 pm - Huntingtown, MD
Hi, Unfortunately, no exercise in the world is going to help with "flabby arms". The problem is that there is excess fat there, more than you would like. And you can do all the arm exercises in the world but it will do nothing to burn the fat from that area. Kind of like how all those commercials promote ab machines as an answer to a 6-pack but it's just not possible to spot reduce. That being said, it's going to come down to the proper nutrition (eating often and limiting sugar while including protein in each meal along with some complex carbs) moderate aerobic exercise and some resistance training to help build some muscle to increase metabolism. I know that's not as flashy as saying do some arm exercises, but in the long run it's the truth that will lead you to your goal. If you need more help I'd be happy to assist, just email me [email protected] or check out www.proactivefitness.net To Your Health! Mark Shields B.S.
Most Active