I NEED weight loss help in the gym!

Kenniestrek
on 1/17/06 8:24 am - NY
Hi my lap band surgery is scheduled for next week 1/25/06 and I am still trying to loose my 5% pre-op weight. I started at 281 and right now I am at 272 so I need to drop a minimum of 7 more lbs. My problem is I get so damned hungry at night I am concerned that I might fall short of my required weight loss. Today I did a chest and arms routine combined with 60 minutes on the tread mill medimum elevation high speed and followed with 6 laps in the pool and 15 minutes each in hot tub and then a steam. I'm thinking I should stop lifting as it does increase hunger? Any suggestions will be great thanks! Kenny
MaryS
on 1/17/06 10:10 pm - Long Island, NY
Kenny, Personally, I wouldn't stop the weight lifting as it builds muscle. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn, even when resting. What are you eating? And when do you eat? Also, when do you work out? If you work out at night can you have a snack before hand to get you through (like a banana) and then eat dinner when you get home? Don't worry - you are doing great. I'm sure you'll get those 7 pounds off. Mary 302/181/1??
Kenniestrek
on 1/18/06 1:02 am - NY
Hey Mary and thanks for the feedback. Typically I work out in the early evenings. B- 11 oz protein drink L- 11 oz protein salad NO cal balsamic vinager dressing D-4 oz chicken or fish fresh spinach salad and thats it! 8 PM and after gets very very hard! I have No cal No sugar ice pop and sugar free jello. Yes I do give in and have a cookie or two. Last night I had just one and damn it is so good. Good news though this morning the scale was good to me 269 4 more lbs to go?? Thanks Kenny
Most Active