Recent Posts

shirleyallen
on 6/11/22 9:20 am
Topic: Deadlifts: wondering if the slack pull is really advantageous

I used to do the slack pull with just my upper torso, until I re-watched one of PR's Performance's videos on YT and realized you need to use your legs too. So, after I brace, I use my full body to pull slack, without raising the plates on the very end of the bar from the ground. Then I pause like a tenth of a second, and then do the actual pull.

But doing the pause is really hard. I don't see any disadvantage the other way of just gripping and ripping from the ground. Yes, you will encounter some sudden resistance when you pull out the slack; but, at the same time, if you pull the slack first and then pause, this is also hard because the resistance lasts longer while you pause (even though the pause is just a tenth of a second or so).

So, is there any real advantage to pulling out the slack first?

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/22 4:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18
Topic: RE: Is boxing a good exercise for me I weigh over 500 lbs

Boxing a great exercise but you should be consulting with your medical team on what are the best exercises for you. They should be able to identify anything you should avoid initially, might know programs locally that can help you get started, etc.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mamagetssleeve21
on 4/21/22 7:12 pm
Topic: Is boxing a good exercise for me I weigh over 500 lbs

Is boxing a good exercise for me I weigh over 500 lbs

HannahClark
on 4/20/22 2:00 pm, edited 4/20/22 11:16 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 03/09/2020

Within a year, I've learned to prioritize my health and make the most of my space at home. Working out at home is the new normal. Even if gyms are open, it may be better to invest in the best home gyms and avoid crowding and germs. This gives time advantages; you won't have to waste time on a daily trip to the gym. Compact home gyms can be as effective as larger, more expensive ones.

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/22 1:37 pm

I have concluded for myself that it is better to train at home, do you think this is normal?

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/21 4:46 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 02/24/2020

Great! It is amazing!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/21 4:45 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 02/24/2020

Hi! I also recently decided to take care of my health and appearance .

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/21 5:17 am
RNY on 01/01/14
Topic: RE: Trying to find some low impact things to do indoors

I know a lot of people who seem to like the mirror and the Peloton bike ( which can be rented and it's surprisingly not that expensive) - years ago I had a gym quality rented treadmill ( has to be super high quality to be enjoyable and not frustrating) parked in front of my tv which I would simply walk on a gentle incline on while I watched tv. Worked great and got and kept the weight off .

kids also seem to love dance workouts which you can all do together competitively. I would say have lots of options avalilable including walking outside which is super healthy and fun and stimulating for the kids - you can do this !!! (())))

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/21 6:44 am
Topic: RE: Trying to find some low impact things to do indoors

Why would you waste time on courses, diet plans and exercises while you can achieve what you want without doing these things? They're even offering a 100% money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied with the results!!!

Check Details here b.link/u8pgnk Copy Paste & Search

Dolgan
on 7/22/21 11:35 am, edited 7/25/21 9:22 pm

It is fascinating to know your results. So much time has passed... I hope it will help me in improvements and implement gradual changes if I practice every day like you. More than 60% of us tend to quit fitness classes, whether paid or at home. It's all about insecurity and weak willpower. The same thing happened to me until I stopped living on the same day. By the way, even my divorce did me good. I was able to believe in myself and forget about the personal abuse from my husband. Your post motivated me too, so I would like to know how you are doing and what you have accomplished in a year.

Most Active