Gavs50’s Posts

Gavs50
on 5/11/18 3:30 am
Topic: RE: During marathon nutrition

First off congratulation on the surgery and now the marathon goal. Awesome stuff. I am about 20 months out and about to run my 3rd I am no expert and everyone is different so remember that. I eat 30-45 min before the race a nice bowl or yogurt,berries, and granola. On the course depending on the weather I will grab some water at most rest stops as I find that if I start to get dehydrated my race goes down the tube. As for eating on the course. I carry about 4 GU packs and a pack of Shot Bloc's and start eating them about mile 13. Then I have 1 GU about every 3 miles after than just to give me enough boost to get through.

Good luck and and let us know how it turns out for you.

Gavs50
on 5/9/18 4:27 am
Topic: RE: Weekly Workouts 5.6.18

Sunday 17 mile run

Monday rest

Tuesday 7 mile run

Wednesday rest

Thursday 10 mile run

Friday Lift

Staurday 20 mike run

Sunday Morning 5K walk with wife and dog then After Dinner 5K Bike ride with wife and dog.

Gavs50
on 5/9/18 4:18 am
Topic: RE: Caloric intake pre and post long runs?

t has been a very long time since I have posted but I have learned that this group will always be there for me. I am currently just shy of 2 years out and am really doing well. 310 HW 175 LW 185 CW. I exercise a ton and have achieved huge success since my surgery and I am looking for anyone else who has done the same.

Here's an example- I am training for another Marathon so if I go out and run 15 to 20 miles for a training run and burn 3000 calories doing it what should my caloric intake be for the day prior the day of and the day after a day like that ?

I tipicly don't want to eat a ton the day of a long run but I do drink over 100 grams of protein and that shake alone has 800 calories just by itself.

Any thought you can all provide I would appreciate them. Thanks

Most Active