Kim S.’s Posts

Kim S.
on 5/5/11 11:35 pm
Topic: RE: The urologist and the bicycle...
There has GOT to be a solution out there, and if not..........time for you to become an inventor!!  Find a way to make this work--don't give up something you love!  Wishing you the best!

Kim

Kim S.
on 5/5/11 11:29 pm
Topic: RE: I just have to say...
Everyone here is so nice because of the endorphins!!  This is by far my favorite board.  Ever notice we NEVER see those "I've gained all my weight back" posts on this board????  Could all this EXERCISE be why?????  Hmmmm.....

I try to preach this over and over on the other boards and beat into the newbies heads that they better get off their butts if they want a long term fix...............

Yall have an awesome weekend--I'm off to help some of the folks affected by the tornadoes last week.......many parts of our state look like bombs went off--very sad.  I can't do much but I can at least cook so I'm taking food to a little town where the only thing left is one church.  If you pray, please send some prayers to Alabama..........too many are suffering.

Kim

Kim S.
on 5/5/11 1:29 am
Topic: RE: Here we go again. Update on cancer
Prayers headed your way.  You are strong and healthy and can win this battle!  We are here for you.

Kim

Kim S.
on 5/4/11 3:10 am
Topic: RE: Carbs
I had to increase my carbs when I started working out hard...otherwise I got nauseous and dizzy.  I have a few crackers with hard cheese about 30 mins before a workout and it helps so much.

I don't "count" carbs...but I have about 80-100 per day...which is a lot for some folks...but most come from "good" carb sources.....not white junk.

Kim

Kim S.
on 5/4/11 2:51 am
Topic: RE: Wednesday workouts
P90X arms and shoulders and Ab Ripper X

Kim S.
on 5/3/11 8:39 am
Topic: RE: Tuesday Workouts
None for me tonight--attending the pairing party for the Region's Bank Charity Golf Classic tonight...Taylor Hicks is performing!

Kim

Kim S.
on 5/3/11 8:38 am
Topic: RE: You know you're addicted to exercise when...
Congrats!  If I were closer, I'd come!

Kim

Kim S.
on 5/3/11 8:37 am
Topic: RE: Tell me...has exercise since surgery made a BIG DIFFERENCE in your weight and body image?
I started exercising 6 months before surgery--and have never stopped.  I also never had 1 stall while in the loss phase--I lost every single week for the entire 13 months after surgery.  That is when I hit goal (a year ago) and I've been the same weight since. 

I work out 5x a week mixing jogging, hiking, yoga, P90X and P90X+.  I too am hungrier and I average 1,500 to 1,800 calories per day--and I'm 80% "legal" in that 80% of the time I make very good food choices now that I am in maintenance.

Building a good bit of muscle really made a difference in not only how my metabolism works, but in how healthy I feel and look.  Oh, and I have the "iron" stomach too--I can eat ANYTHING....and the spicier the better!

As Nate said--it really is about good health!!

Kim

Kim S.
on 4/25/11 10:46 pm
Topic: RE: Tuesday workouts
P90X tonight

Kim S.
on 4/24/11 11:18 pm
Topic: RE: Monday Workouts!
Way to go!  Sometimes we just need a few off days....I had that kind of week last week, then this weekend, I was right back on track!

Tonight I'll do a 4 mile run with my grand puppy.

Kim

Kim S.
on 4/23/11 4:33 am
Topic: RE: SATURDAY WORKOUTS YA'LL
Nice long interval run (4 miles) and a couple miles walk to/from the path.  Beautiful outside!  Tonight I'll put on the LBD and go out for a nice dinner to celebrate our 6th anniversary!!

Kim

Kim S.
on 4/22/11 5:18 am
Topic: RE: Need advice? Running female issues?
I Kegel all day long!  At my desk, in my car...........

I hear marathon runners just pee on themselves when running?? Maybe just let the trickle cool ya down???

Kim S.
on 4/22/11 5:13 am
Topic: RE: 3 weeks of working out and I'm getting psyched!
Strive for interval training when walking/running.  I've been playing with HIIT (high intensity interval training) and I've seen some great results.  My total walk/jog/run is about 5 miles.....I speed walk, then jog for about a mile, then all out run like I'm being chased by Big Foot for only a few seconds (20-30) then walk....you get the drill? 

It really freaks your metabolism out and kicks it up a notch.....so far the Easter candy I've eaten hasn't bitten me in the butt so it must be working!! 

When you see the lovely definition in your shoulders and arms, you'll thank me!!  Your whole summer wardrobe will be sleeveless!

Kim S.
on 4/22/11 3:02 am
Topic: RE: 3 weeks of working out and I'm getting psyched!
Ignore the scale for a while.  You have the right idea:  build a significant amount of muscle and your metabolism will be on fire!

I like what you are doing, but for weight training I prefer good ole free weights.  And of course the standards like wall squats, lunges, push ups, etc.  Also, yoga is great for building the core muscles.

Really, you need to get busy with the weights to build muscle and don't be afraid of heavy weight (work up to it).....we cannot get too bulky naturally.  You will get nice muscle definition and really be able to see the fruits of your labor.

Kim

Kim S.
on 4/21/11 11:18 pm
Topic: RE: Good Friday workouts
I woke up this morning with a whole new attitude--and no knee pain!  So I am ready to go and get a good workout in!

When I get home I'll do a P90X workout....before I sit outside and enjoy my Friday night dirty martini!!

Have a great weekend!

Kim S.
on 4/21/11 7:24 am
Topic: RE: This is me and I'm learning to love exercise...need a little help
Welcome!  We have folks of all fitness levels here!  Yep--gotta weight train, and the harder the better.  I started on the machines, but I like free weights better.  I do the P90X workouts and have gotten amazing results!

I want to know more about this test....I'm gonna look into it!

Kim

Kim S.
on 4/21/11 7:09 am
Topic: RE: Thursday workouts
Lazy, rebellious week for me!  Skipped Monday, ran Tues, skipped yesterday due to arthritis flare in the knees, tonight I've got to get "my hair did"....but I will go home and do abs tonight.  I promise. 

Between hitting the Easter candy and not putting in my normal workout efforts......I've been a BAD  girl.......

I'll start anew Saturday with a nice long run!!

Kim

Kim S.
on 4/19/11 4:44 am
Topic: RE: tuesday workouts
Running tonight.

Kim S.
on 4/17/11 11:51 pm
Topic: RE: Monday workouts
Tonight I'll do P90X legs and back and then Ab ripper X.

Kim S.
on 4/14/11 11:41 pm
Topic: RE: TGIF workouts :)
Rest day for me!  I'm feeling the P90X chest and back work I did last night....OUCH

Kim S.
on 4/14/11 6:21 am
Topic: RE: Thoughts on Weightlifting and Hunger
The harder I work out, the more I'm hungry....and the more I need carbs.....I just go with it and eat a little something.  Fruit or cheese and crackers seem to really work for me.

Kim S.
on 4/14/11 6:19 am
Topic: RE: thursday workouts
P90X chest and back tonight

Kim S.
on 4/14/11 6:18 am
Topic: RE: P90X after surgery?
I am a P90X junkie!  As a matter of fact, Saturday is my 1 year anniversary of doing it!  I also just bought P90X+.  It is REALLY hard core!

I started it almost a year after my surgery, but I had been working out regularly for 18 months before attempting P90X.  I was already doing cardio and weight training regularly and it still nearly killed me!  But I modified it and did what I could.  Now I can do them all, keeping up with the folks in the videos--and the results are amazing!  I really credit these workouts with making my body look so much better.  Yes, I have extra skin, but my arms have great definintion, and I know I have a 6 pack under my "jello" skin.  I also started running at the same time and really that is what did the most good for my leg muscles.

You may want to get Power 90 also by Beachbody.com and master that (thru level 2) and then progress to P90X....... 

Wishing you the best on your fitness journey!!

Kim

Kim S.
on 4/14/11 6:08 am
Topic: RE: WHAT ARE YOU EATING PRE-WORKOUT FOR ENERGY?
I work out when I get home from work so I'm pretty hungry before I do it....I have 4 low fat Ritz with Colby cheese--this really does the trick for me!

Kim S.
on 4/13/11 6:25 am
Topic: RE: Wednesday workouts
Rest day for me-Arthritis in knees acting up after run yesterday (high heels today probably not helping but they are cute!)

Most Active