My first year with roses

Min W.
on 5/15/03 11:46 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Any suggestions? They really make a house a home. I love looking out the window and seeing them, makes me all warm and fuzzy ;).
rgaroutte
on 4/10/05 4:31 am - Overland Park, KS
I realize this is an old post...but in case any one is looking- here goes.... jsut keep the leaves and blooms dry in the evening and don'****er in the heat of the day...early morning deep slow soak is best. An evening soak is okay, just don't sprinkle.... gets them moldy and ruins the blooms. also make sure when you cut to use sterile tools that are very sharp. Cuttin at an angle helps the cut flower not seal against the vase and thereby take up water better. Satch using "home remedies" for flower food like 7-up as that is only part of the story- you will create a good enviroment for bacteria of that is all you do- most grocery stores have floral depts. that sell the little packets of professional stuff and it really does help- its a blend of citric acid and sugars inthe right balance for cut flowers. Asprin contains nothing that a cut flower needs.
Min W.
on 4/10/05 6:24 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Thank you for the reply, you have given me lots of good tips and I appreciate it. Take care, Min
Most Active
Recent Topics
My first year with roses
Min W. · 2 replies · 301 views