Knot in upper stomach????

cm102869
on 6/12/12 3:24 am - Concord, NC
FobiPouch on 03/15/12
Not sure if this is a concern or not or if this is normal but I am 3 months out from having the gastric bypass with the Fobi ring and noticed that I have a knot in my upper stomach directly between and below my breast bones. It is almost like it would be where my stomach begins. It is a little tender but also it is more noticable to touch if laying flat on my back. Did anyone have this or maybe it could be a hernia or scar tissue. I still have trouble with not being able to eat much or drink much at all. I have my 3 month post op check up on Thursday. Any thoughts?

thavier
on 6/26/12 10:47 pm
 go and hae them check it. i had a fobi pouch in 2004 and it has been hell on wheels
i am thankful i have my health but in 2010 i almost died
please do not wait
cm102869
on 6/30/12 12:18 pm - Concord, NC
FobiPouch on 03/15/12
I had my three month check up and my doctor told me that it was my xphoid process which is the bottom of my sternum. He said most people do not notice it unless they lose a lot of weight in a short peroid of time. I see him about 2 weeks ago. I am now having sharp pain in my breast which actually start underneath my arm pit (maybe a lymph node) when I bend over and it is like a sharp burning pain. My regular doctor told me she thinks it is because I was really top heavy in my breast and I have lost over 4 inches and they are pulling down when I take my bra off and told me to sleep in a sports bra for awhile. It has been about 2 weeks now and it is still doing it.

Shoecrazy
on 4/28/13 10:57 am

Pains under ribs/upper stomach.  I am over 10 years post Fobi Pouch, and for the second time, have gotten down below 175lbs.   I have recently begun having heartburn and stomach pain in that area so sharp it wakes me up.  I can barely keep my bra on during the day, have tried a sports bra or chamisole, and wonder if this may be causing issues?

By the end of the day, if I went without a bra, my midback is killing me.  If I have worn a bra, the pressure on the point between my breasts is so tender I cannot stand it.

Could my breasts sagging could be putting pressure on the center causing pain?

I know it sounds crazy, but I duct tape my d's today, and the pain was gone immediately.  I have worn it all day.  No hearburn, and no midback pain.

Anyone?

Most Active