New Dr. wants to remove Fobi rings!

LeeLeeLee
on 8/7/14 3:50 am

My surgeon retired. I found a new doctor because I was very concerned about gradual weight gain over the last 4 year (8 years post-op) and vomiting from eating meats. My new doctor wants to remove my rings. He said that it will help me eat meat, but I am afraid of gaining more weight. He said that this is a possibility and after 6-12 months we can revisit a revision.

The vomiting is inconvenient sometimes, but I have become a pro at handling it when it happens. I really was only complaining about the vomiting because I wanted an excuse for a revision for my insurance company. I went from 350lbs. to 165 to 233. I have plateaued here for the last year, but this plateau comes with only eating an average of 1200-1500 calories per day. On days that I exercise, I will allow myself up to 1800 calories per day. I am doing 30 minutes of cardio (jogging or elliptical) 3 times per week and weights 2-3 times per week. I count every calorie in an app. I have even taken to meal replacements, medifast or protein shakes, for lunch to help get things moving. Nothing.

Has anyone removed their ring? I am so afraid to do this!

Lorrainecma
on 9/19/15 8:17 pm

Go get a second opinion

glitzigirl
on 3/29/16 7:00 am - Teaneck, NJ

I still suffer with vomiting and I am 8 years out as well. Personally, I know that if they took the ring off for me I would gain all the weight back. I had gained about 20lbs since my lowest weight over 7 years and I was forced to do an elimination diet for autoimmune issues for a month and I dropped 12 lbs the first month and 8 more pounds over the next 2 months. After the first 3 weeks I didn't follow it to a tee, but on a daily basis I try to avoid gluten and anything processed. Just like everyone else I do eat candy and snacks, but I make sure the calories are worth it (as in I am going to LOVE this when I eat it, not just I kind of want it....) and every day I start out being good so that if I feel like cheating I can really evaluate if the cheat is going to be worth it or if I can let the craving pass until next time.

I have kept that 20lbs off for over a year now and some of my autoimmune issues have gone away. It's worth trying 

lananancy
on 10/16/16 4:41 pm
FobiPouch on 02/20/90

Hello I got my fobi pouch when I was 16 years old I am now 42 years old. I initially weighed 260 pounds went down to 90 pounds but was really anemic. Now I am 200 pounds, after I got married I gained weight lol. I have always ate whatever I wanted, and yes sometimes I throw up, but not that much. Now for some reason I'm getting fuller fast. Like a month ago my husband and I decided to started eating garlic to be healthier. And smart me ate a garlic clove, I swallowed it. After that I couldn't eat or drink that much for a whole week. Then it got better. Friday I got an endoscopy done and they diagnosed me with gastric outlet obstruction which they did a dilation with a ball on they said. Since yesterday I've noticed I could only eat a little less. Sorry just told you my whole life story. But my question is like how much do you eat in a day and how are your portions. Is there stuff you can't eat. I eat, and if i try to drink I kind of feel the water in my throat then I burp and I feel much better. I also suffer from anxiety and depression so I don't know if this has alott to do  do with this as well. Thank you for reading my post. And I hope to hear from you soon. 

nikkiandvicky55
on 11/18/16 8:38 am

I had my surgery in 2000. I have gained all my weight back. I Can eat anything. I Do however, if i eat potatoes i get full faster. im 60 by the way. I never took the vitamins and never drink water so I'm paying for it now. I have b12, vit d difficientcy. So because of that i have a lot of medical problems. I wish i had never had the surgery. At one time when i ate i would have a lot of pain. But it went away. Hope your doing better 

LdyCoco
on 3/28/20 7:20 pm - CORONA, CA
Revision on 03/03/20

I would not have the rings removed.

Most Active