Recent Posts

luckydweeb
on 3/21/24 7:17 pm, edited 3/24/24 11:10 am
Topic: RE: Gastric Bypass with Fobi Pouch in May 2001 - Complications Now?

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties with eating after your gastric bypass surgery. It sounds like a distressing situation, especially after maintaining your weight loss for so many years. It's essential to address these issues promptly to ensure your health and well-being.

Considering the sudden onset of symptoms and recent changes in your eating ability, there could be underlying factors beyond just the prescribed pills. While it's reasonable to consider the pills as a potential cause, it's important to explore other possibilities too.

I would recommend reaching out to a healthcare professional experienced in gastric bypass surgery, such as a bariatric surgeon or a gastroenterologist, for further evaluation and guidance. They can conduct tests, such as imaging studies or endoscopy, to assess the condition of your pouch and determine the cause of your symptoms.

In the meantime, it may be helpful to stick to a soft or liquid diet to ease discomfort and minimize the risk of food getting stuck. Avoiding large pills or taking them with plenty of water may also help alleviate symptoms. geometry dash unblocked

Remember, your health is a top priority, so don't hesitate to seek medical attention if you're experiencing ongoing difficulties. Wishing you the best of luck in finding relief and getting back on track with your health journey. Take care.

2pears
on 2/21/24 2:05 pm
Topic: Gastric Bypass with Fobi Pouch in May 2001 - Complications Now?

Hello, I am hoping someone here can help me. I had a gastric bypass with Fobi pouch in May 2001 at Baptist Hospital in Nashville. Absolutely no complications and have done well since. I was able to maintain my weight loss for about 21 yrs until after menopause. Have had about 20 lbs creep back on but working on it. Within the last two weeks, I have had problems eating. After just a few bites it feels like food is stuck and I have to stop eating. Usually it comes back up and I can return to eating but sometimes it takes an hour or two and I am miserable. This would happen sometimes over the years if I ate too fast or the food was a texture I couldn't tolerate but I learned to manage it. But over the last two weeks it has been every meal or bite of food. I should add I was having some other issues and I was prescribed several large pills that I had to take 3 times per day. I thought maybe it was the pills filling up my pouch and not dissolving quickly enough. However, even when I don't take the pills for 24 hours I am still unable to eat without it coming back up. Maybe my stomach is just out of sorts from the pills and it needs some time to calm down? I have been out of the loop of weight loss surgery for so many years but I remembered this site and am hoping someone may be able to help me with what it may be and what I should do or where I can go to find out. The surgeon who operated on me is no longer in the area as far as I know. Thanks in advance.

LdyCoco
on 3/28/20 7:20 pm - CORONA, CA
Revision on 03/03/20
Topic: RE: New Dr. wants to remove Fobi rings!

I would not have the rings removed.

jj1999
on 3/18/20 8:42 pm
Topic: RE: FOBI POUCH REVISION

I had my surgery in 1999. I have not had any problems except the usual b12 deficiency and GERD. I hope I never have to have a revision. Hope 20 years does not become the year everything begins to deteriorate..

Wmitchelllv
on 2/1/20 2:51 pm
Topic: RE: 13 years Later

I'm am living your nightmare. Please tell me you found help. I'm lost.

tee2luved
on 1/29/19 4:01 pm
Topic: RE: What is the best protein shake?

I like Premier shakes. Also, Premier have protein drinks that's pretty good

tee2luved
on 1/29/19 3:58 pm
Topic: RE: support for skin

I haven't had the surgery yet, but that is one thing that concerns me. The excess skin.

tee2luved
on 1/29/19 3:56 pm
Topic: RE: support for skin

I haven't had the surgery yet, butthat done thing that concerns me. The excess skin.

Cris1976
on 1/25/19 5:53 pm, edited 1/25/19 9:54 am
Punxypugs
on 9/14/18 6:25 pm
RNY on 05/14/18
Topic: After gastric bypass carbonation

Hello! I'm new here. I'm almost 4 months out, and i started drinking mineral water. I guess i was thinking it was okay since it's not soda. Then i got to reading my rules, so to speak, and now I'm freaked out that I've ruined my pouch! Please tell me i haven't done repairable damage.

Kelli

Most Active