Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/08 4:14 am - MN
Topic: VINES FOR NORTHERN MINNESOTA
HI ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE TO GET WELL ESTABLISHED SWEET AUTUME CLEMATIS. NEED IT FOR A TRELLIS AND LARGE WOODEN FENCE. I SO HAVE CABIN FEVER THAT I'M ALREADY THINKING ABOUT MY PLANTING !
mindyCB
on 7/15/07 1:08 pm - MD
Topic: RE: Nikko Blue Hydrangea (HELP!!)
Mine are doing okay ... they have trippled ins size very quickly...except the leaves started turning yellow. I'm not sure it if from over watering (lots of rain, when it rains) or the heat. It's been 100+ degrees around here lately, probably 90 in the shade. I live in the woods and it is heavily shaded. All of the plants I grow are for either part shade or full shade.
joann A.
on 4/2/07 7:53 am
Topic: RE: What do you like to grow??
I like to grow just about anything I love to garden and plant I also like to do landscaping. I live in a 4 different season area and in the winter time it can get boring , but I am gonna try to start making pottery.
Lynne M.
on 7/6/06 4:24 am - Manassas, VA
My entire back yard is a perennial garden. Part shade and part sun. I have a neighbors redbud tree to contend with...I must pull up a MINIMUM of 5-800 baby trees every year. God forbid I miss one and it gets to be 6" tall. They are harder than heck to pull out then. I have Hydrangeas, several types, lilies, daylilies, iris, roses, a tree peony, flax,tall phlox,delphinium, purple and white coneflowers, liatris, poppies, Shastas, black-eyed-susan, Bettony, clematis, I'm suer I'm missing - oh, peonies.... Lynne
Lynne M.
on 7/6/06 4:17 am - Manassas, VA
Topic: RE: need help with Container Gardening!!
I have to container grow tomatos, also because of a HUGE black walnut tree in a neighboring yard. I could grow beautiful plants but no fruit. *#%!#* tree!! I do well with the 5 gallon buckets. I poked about 6-8 holes (with a large screw driver) about an inch from the bottom all around. I tried 3 different varieties, a roma, cherry and a "patio" hybris. I'm just seeing some color on my maters now. Lynne
NewJen
on 4/27/06 12:09 pm - greensboro, NC
Topic: RE: Hi all
My DH and I were just talking about it. IN the veggie garden..... Tomatoes, yellow squash, zuccini squash, cucumbers and bell peppers.
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/22/06 12:27 pm - Littlerock, CA
Topic: Veggie Garden
Going to start my vegitable garden tomorrow. So soon post op I was planning on planting lots of green beans and zucchini, I may put a few tomatoes in also. What are you planning on growing this year?
Richbehr
on 3/15/06 9:36 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
Hi Maureen, I don't have any of the tri-colors.....yet. I do plan on getting a couple this year. I cut mine back to 2-1/2 feet in early spring,and I give each one a shovel full of cow manure, when they start to really leaf out I give each one a handfull of 5-10-5. I also fertilize again at bloom time. --==Rich==--
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/06 8:25 pm - Sterling Heights, MI
Hi Scott, I love butterfly bushes too! Do you have any of the tri-color bushes? I have one on either end of my little house and they bloom magnificently year after year. They grow almost to the soffits and people are always asking me what I did to make them different colors....lol. I cut mine back to the ground every year - is that what you do? Happy gardening! Maureen
Valencia S.
on 3/9/06 12:59 pm - Longview, TX
Topic: RE: I need a good wind/noise break.
What about Pampas grass? I love the sounds it makes inthe wind and the birds love it. I live on a busy state highway, and it really helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
VINES FOR NORTHERN MINNESOTA
Jlyynn · 0 replies · 510 views
Veggie Garden
Rilabie_Chime · 0 replies · 323 views
What do you like to grow??
NewJen · 14 replies · 628 views
Tons of Spring Energy
NewJen · 5 replies · 379 views