small yard gardening

Cynsational
on 8/6/05 3:58 am - Spring, TX
I see noones been here in some months. so i wont be surprised if my post goes unread. I'm trying to perk up my small 10 x 10 backyard. Im planting mexican heather in fence pots and petunias in hanging baskets. I know the mexican heather will grow quickly and live forever. What else should I try to plant to add some life and color to this area? Also something low maintenance would be nice. Cynthia
Jeanie A.
on 8/27/05 4:33 am
Hi, Cynthia! I hope this board picks up some. I'm just getting to the point where I feel like working on some gardening. I'll have to look up Mexican heather. It sounds pretty. Jeanie DS 02/12/05 -98 big lubs
Cynsational
on 8/28/05 12:42 am - Spring, TX
Its pretty and easy to grow. They have either purple flowers...or white ones. Mine are purple. They're cheap too, lol. Its a great for covering large areas. I may plant some in the front also.
kcb
on 9/4/06 2:45 am - wimberley, TX
RNY on 10/02/06 with
Hi Cynthia, what zone are you in? . I'm in zone 8. I like to use xeriscape plants when I work on landscaping, due to the drought problems. I also use llama and horse manure for fertilizer, and use cedar mulch to cover my beds. I mix the manures together and let it sit for awhile then put it into my beds or containers. Have you ever tried to do container gardening check out the earth boxes (www.earthbox.com). It make things easier to move around, if they don't thrive in a certain area. I use rocks to landscape around the containers. In my area, zone 8, crepe myrtle, mountain laurel, salvias, rosemary, alums, butterfly plants, along with alot of others are all hardy drought tolerant plants.
A.Mason
on 3/7/08 1:37 am - Lawton, OK
Try to find out what plants grow best in your area go to Lows.com
Most Active
Recent Topics