Unsure

AuraMor
on 1/22/15 12:03 pm

Hi,

So I am considering getting the surgery in the next few weeks, and I am really scared because I don't know what this will do to my body. And I am afraid that I will stop being gay because of all the hormonal changes I will go through. I don't want to stop being gay. I am completely in love with the woman I have in my life and I don't want to be a disappointment to her or me. So, if anyone is out there and has similar fears or has any advice about this surgery and what it might do, then please let me know, because I don't want to lose myself. 

hollykim
on 2/18/15 9:41 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM Pacific Time, AuraMor wrote:

Hi,

So I am considering getting the surgery in the next few weeks, and I am really scared because I don't know what this will do to my body. And I am afraid that I will stop being gay because of all the hormonal changes I will go through. I don't want to stop being gay. I am completely in love with the woman I have in my life and I don't want to be a disappointment to her or me. So, if anyone is out there and has similar fears or has any advice about this surgery and what it might do, then please let me know, because I don't want to lose myself. 

I am not gay but I do know that there are many ppl on the various boards who are gay and their orientation did not change after they had WLS. 

Hormones are not affected in that way. If you are gay now you will be gay after. Just like ppl who are straight now, are still straight after. No one I know who was straight turned gay after surgery. I think you are ok.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 343 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 914 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1290 views