Transmasculine Folks: Has anyone had WLS + hysterectomy/BSO?

noctilucent
on 4/19/15 6:24 am
VSG on 01/26/16

Hello, new member here. I'm a non-binary transmasculine person who is interested in having a gastric sleeve procedure, but I'm also interested in having a hysterectomy/BSO in the future. Have any other members had any surgical experiences like this? Is it better to have a particular procedure before the other? My "team" seems kind of out of their depth regarding these issues. Thank you! 

Deb366
on 6/16/15 2:37 pm
Sorry, I don't have any advice. But wish you luck on your journey for weightloss. This board seems pretty inactive....not sure where all the folks went. I hope everyone is out living life and having a wonderful time.! Best of luck!
Donna L.
on 9/6/15 5:29 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I don't know that the order necessarily matters.  While I didn't have a hysterectomy, I had to have an ovary removed many years before my VSG.  There was no impact on the VSG from having the girl parts partially removed years earlier.  Part of it is because the sleeve is very far from the uterine area.  The normal uterus is like 3" x 2" and is very close to the groin, while the stomach is several feet up, so any adhesions will not be in the area of either surgery if that makes sense.  Weight loss will also get rid of a lot of estrogen in your system (fat stores estrogen and estrogen-like substances).  The sleeve and resulting weight loss will make all future surgeries much easier in general, too.

Good luck with your journeys! :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 355 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 925 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1301 views