Newbie to the "scene"

Johann1971
on 4/20/15 7:24 am - Johannesburg, South Africa
RNY on 04/15/15

Hello All,

I'm new to the WLS "scene" and would like to get in touch with members on here and share success stories and progress. A bit of background info: I'm a 43 year old male from Johannesburg, South Africa. I started my process on 11 February 2015 with my first consult and had my RNY gastric bypass last week 15 April 2015. My gallbladder was also removed. My starting weight on 11 Feb was 115kg (253.5 lbs). I managed to lose 13 kg (28.7 lbs) prior to surgery. My goal is to weigh in at around 70kg (154 lbs).

So far, I'm doing great! Thanks to a very good surgeon and entire team. No problems swallowing, keeping down food, very little (if any) pain and/or discomfort. So far so good!

Looking forward to meet and greet...

Regards

Johann

ohbearly
on 5/5/15 1:19 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Johann,

Good luck on your journey. I am a long term post-op. I had Lapdand in 2008 and revisedto RNY in 2013 due to complications. I am doing good. It will be the best decision you have mead in your life. My most important pieces of advice are...

1. Listen to your surgeon and follow the directions 

2. Be active - changing your life to be more active makes all the difference after the honeymoon of weight loss from the WLS starts to fade.

3. Make changes in your life and set goals to achieve those changes. Most of us were overweight because we had bad habits . Now is the time to work on banishing them

Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Johann1971
on 5/5/15 4:34 am - Johannesburg, South Africa
RNY on 04/15/15

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom and encouragement. It means the world to me! Thank you.

Well, I'm almost 3 weeks post-op now and so far so good. I started on soft, pureed food Saturday, and the new stomach seems to like soft cooked chicken and ground lean beef. Thank heavens for the solids, because if I had to face one more bowl of soup, I would have killed someone! 

I'm seeing the endocrinologist, surgeon and dietician tomorrow for my "2 week post-op" visit (I know it's 3 weeks, but with all the public holidays we had in SA last week...So, if they clear me to hit the gym, then my new active lifestyle will take flight! Got training plans already worked out as well as very clear goals for 6 months, 12 months and beyond. I'm feeling like a race horse ready to dash at the moment, as I seem to have a lot more energy lately and just want to get active.

Thanks for touching base and I would love to hear more about your journey as well, since you have been on this path a lot longer.

Hope to chat again soon,

All my best

Johann 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 343 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 914 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1290 views