Any Aces here in the community??

Vampy
on 6/11/18 9:45 am

Just looking to connect with other aces, curious about their experiences and if anything changed for them with surgery/prepping for surgery. And tbqh, I'd love to find someone to "hang" with that could share this bariatric experience with me as well as their asexuality. Though I realize that the odds are kind of against finding both lol

Anyway, I'm asexual panromantic myself and a little worried about receiving too much "attention" in the future, once I'm closer to what society views as "attractive". Anyone have any experiences to share?

for the record, I won't reply to any discourse. Please keep it away, thanks ^^

Melody P.
on 6/12/18 5:53 pm - Amarillo, TX

Hi there! I am Ace as well. It also worries me that people might find me attractive in a sexual way. It weighs on my mind a lot actually!

I had VSG on 3-14-18. I've lost nearly 60 pounds since 2-14-18. I find it a lot of people do this to look "better". I won't lie and say that hasn't crossed my mind, i'd like to not be called sasquatch by strangers. It's a double edged sword. I did this for my health and family(mom and nieces and nephew). I'm already off of insulin and will try my hardest to keep it that way.

The hardest part for me with the surgery was people seeing me naked. I have severe anxiety and on top of everything that almost kept me from pursuing surgery. Fear had run my life for far to long and it was the most rewarding gamble that i've ever taken.

Vampy
on 6/13/18 6:56 am

Cool!! I was beginning to think there wouldn't be any others! Nice to meet you

Congrats on the loss , I understand completely. I do want to "look better", in that I want to like who I see in the mirror, and really I just want to be healthy/to get rid of some of this pain I'm in. But yeah, I totally worry about not knowing how to handle unwanted "allo" attention. I'm kind of glad (in a weird way) that I'm not the only one.

I am a little concerned about your other point as well :( It's not the first surgery I would have had, I have had my appendix and my gallbladder out, but in both other cir****tances I was in severe pain (and on several different pain meds ) and so I couldn't care any less about what was happening around me. With WLS I will have plenty of time to worry and over-analyze what is going to happen ^^;;

I'm glad it's paying off for you though, I'm looking forward to the same (if only I can get through my insurance companies requirements ).

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/19 10:51 pm - Albany, OR

I'm on the opposite coast but hiiiii! ?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 343 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 912 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1289 views