It's Monday again...

Chris N.
on 7/29/07 8:54 pm
I'm here at work....trying to stay awake....sipping on my protein drink....wondering why weekends go so fast and the work week goes so slow.... ***WARNING*** Ranting and whining ahead. Read at your own risk! Saturday a 'good' friend that wouldn't talk to me for months after I told him I was having gastric bypass and then once he did finally start talking to me, he still would never actually say anything positive about my weight loss....only little digs about me having sagging skin or that my legs still looked huge (thanks, but didn't he think I KNEW that???) told me that he's thinking of getting the Lap-Band. I think he was expecting me to jump for joy at his decision....and was disapointed when I didn't react. Actually I was peeved at all the grief I went through because of him and that now he expects me to be all sunshine and rainbows for him. So what do I do? Do I 'forget' all that he put me through and be his biggest cheerleader and supporter? Or do I say 'screw him' because he treated me like crap when I needed him most?
ron-vasko
on 7/29/07 8:56 pm - Newberry , SC
LOL HI skanks..... so how much fun was it ???? Friday Night....lol you alll are crazy but did I ever have so much fun..... As far as your friend follow your heart .....
Chris N.
on 7/29/07 9:03 pm
Hey sweetie!! I had a BLAST Friday night. At least what I remember of it.... When are we going again?!! Right now, my heart is telling me to be a good friend and be there for him. But my mind is telling me he was an ass to me and doesn't deserve it. Guess you're right..... I'll follow what my heart is telling me.....
Northern kygal
on 7/30/07 12:53 am - KY
Hey did you get in trouble, lol. I had a great time too. Let the party begin. I say you should let him know how you felt and ask what he wants from you in his journey so you can be clear and not worried you are doing the wrong thing. Happy Monday
Chris N.
on 7/30/07 1:19 am
LOL....nope, didn't get in trouble! Although my mom did tell me that my dad didn't sleep well after I called at 2 am to say I wasn't coming home. Poor Dad!! And how was swimming on Saturday?! Did you go to the Red's game? Okay.....who wants to go back out again this Friday??? I'm ready!! I'm so bad at telling people how I feel.....but I guess that's going to be the only way to truly clear the air.
Northern kygal
on 7/30/07 1:23 am - KY
I guess they will never let you go out with me again, lol. Swimming was good, no I didnt go to the reds game, went to the simpsons movie. Got home, got in the shower and jakob called and said come get me and take me to McDonalds so no more sleep for me, lol. Give me a call I am ready to go, lol.
Chris N.
on 7/30/07 2:40 am
LOL.....nah, I'll just tell 'em ahead of time that I'm not coming home! Which means Ron better keep that air mattress handy! WOW! You're my hero to go all day with no more sleep! So did you get your regular coffee at McD's.....or another iced coffee?!
lippy81
on 7/29/07 10:44 pm - Ottawa, IL
hey ron. I actually have a picture that I want to be on my avatar. Are you still willing to help me?? My brother is emailing it to me.
lippy81
on 7/29/07 10:43 pm - Ottawa, IL
You can tell him how hurt and disappointed you feel then it is up to you if you want to support him or not. He could be reacting that way out of fear
Chris N.
on 7/29/07 11:31 pm
We did talk a few months ago and cleared up a lot of the trouble. He was worried that once I lost the weight that I wouldn't want to be his friend anymore. I assured him that I'd still be his friend, yada yada yada. But he's continued to ask questions or make comments that are more negative regarding the surgery and it really bothers me. One time, I was showing a group of friends a picture I did on photoshop where I compared my before pic with my 6 month pic. I was about 7 months out at the time and he looked at me and very seriously said that it looked like I had gained weight since my six month pic. I was speechless. I think a lot of the trouble, in the beginning, was jealousy and fear of losing me. He's a big guy and a lot of what we've always had in common was our weight. So yeah, you're right on target when you say he's reacting that way out of fear. It just hurts that he's been so crappy to me. As much as I want to hurt him as much as he hurt me.....I also don't want to do to a friend what a friend did to me when I needed them most.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I want a little Mexican
Chris N. · 5 replies · 350 views
Nicknames?
fleesh61 · 3 replies · 463 views
GOOD MORNING ALL!
Julie H. · 7 replies · 355 views