Tricare has stopped using Dr Schulz

mumorito
on 4/2/08 12:04 am - Ramstein, apo, Germany
Got a call from tricare today saying they have stopped using Dr Schulz, they didn't say why. I had already seen him and was awaiting surgery with him, so now I have to go back through the process again and wait to see another Dr. They gave me a choice betwankeen Dr Schang in Mannheim or Dr Weiner in Frankfurt. I have an appt with the Dr in Mannheim on Monday so If anyone knows anything about him, let me know that would be great.
JaimeLaree
on 4/2/08 5:25 pm - Anchorage, AK
I'm so sorry that happened. It would be so frusterating to have to start over again. I hope you like this doctor in Manheim and I hope he can get you in soon for the surgery. I have an appointment to see Prof Weiner on the 14th of April for my initial consultation.
Sondra
on 4/2/08 5:38 pm - Germany
I am not with Tricare but I had my appt. on 31 Mar with Dr. Weiner in Frankfurt.
spyderwman
on 4/3/08 5:19 am - apoo, NY
WOW...i had my surgery with him in Jan i cant believe that ,that totally blows me away. He was good so it cant be from anything like that....maybe he had such a case load he decided to focus on his other part...i believe he told me cancer patients. He made alot of money off the americans while he did it though. I liked him so i am sad to have to find another dr for follow up care. deb
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/08 3:19 am
I do not know anything about Dr. Schang, but I would choose Dr. Weiner over and over and over and over AND over again Good luck to ya! Angie
DancingDiva
on 4/7/08 4:57 am - Kaiserslautern, Germany
First and foremost please keep in mind this is my own thoughts! I am very partial to Dr. Weiner, I love him he is the best Dr. ever and I would go through this again and again knowing that he is operating on me. I have had so many of my associates go through to see him and come out with great results. Dr. Schultz I have never met him, but have heard so many negative things about his care and aftercare. The last thing that I heard was that he got flamed very badly for aftercare of his patients (hearsay) from a lot of locals, and Tricare got wind of it. How true this is I do not know.
momof3kiddos
on 4/8/08 7:19 am - Ramstein, Germany
What excatly have you heard about him? Im not being mean or rude about this question. Im just want to know what has been going on..Im kinda nosey and as a patient of his, I want to know.. While my expericence with him wasn't bad, it wasnt good either...He kind of just sent us into this new life style without any kind of real guidence... So come on, give us the dirt!!~ -Mary
TamSam07
on 4/17/08 2:42 pm - APO AE, Germany
This is what I heard happened. There was a huge conference in the States about a month ago. When Dr. Schultz explained how he performed the surgery and his lack of aftercare he was severely reprimanded by Dr. Weiner and others who have years in the field. They were shocked by the fact that he does the surgery completely different from the other surgeons......his reason for it had something to do with less malabsorbtion. I will find out exactly what it was if you would like. But he doesn't do the surgery like the other surgeons. But they were more upset with how he just turns his patients loose with no guidance. TriCare was at the conference and I think that was the final straw. I have a good friend that got surgery with him and he virtually does not follow up or labs or anything. His follow up appts consisted of just sitting there and asking how things are going. He never told my friend to get B-12 shots or to get labs twice a year. I was horrified at her experience in the hospital when she had her surgery. And as soon as she woke up from it they brought her a big tray of food and told her she could eat whatever she wanted, that her body were tell her what she could handle and what she couldn't. There were no baby steps with this guy. She showed him the book, "Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies" and he asked her where she got it, because he wanted one. I feel so blessed that I got Dr. Weiner.
Rebecca R.
on 4/27/08 11:47 pm - APO AE, Germany
I also had surgery with Dr. Weiner and have been so happy with him and his staff. He is so experienced.
Kelly C.
on 6/12/08 5:11 am - Fayetteville, NC
I had surgery with Dr. Schultz in April of 2007. He was wonderful. I have had no problems with my surgery and have been extremely successful with my weight loss. We as patients have the responsibility to research the procedures we are having and do our followup. I have had friends have surgery with Dr. Weiner and they had no followup by him either. He turned my best friend over to her PCM after her first week followup after surgery. It is your PCM's responsibility and YOURS to get your labs done, your B12 shots and occassionally see your nutritionist and psychologist.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Can we get this going again?
beccay10 · 4 replies · 428 views
Anyone still use this board?
Godutch · 1 replies · 367 views
Dr. Weiner
Mrs_Harris · 2 replies · 979 views
Update
L B. · 2 replies · 392 views