Got a new set of clubs!

Dave
on 12/20/05 12:52 am - Palmyra, VA
I finally broke down and got a new set of Taylor Made Racs. I love them. I've been hitting the same set of Ping Zings for about 12 years. After surgery, my body changed and while my game went away for about a month or two, I decided it was a good time to start fresh with a new set and mindset. Well, I'm killing them and they're straight. I'm down to about an 8 handicap although now that cold weather has come upon us, I haven't gotten to play them but about 10 times. I'll try to keep up with how they're doing (not me but the clubs) in the future. Dave
scmcdunn
on 1/10/06 6:51 am - Schaumburg, IL
Dave, Congrats on your new clubs and on your 8 handicap!! I'm hoping come spring I see a big improvement in my game. I'm saving up for the new Taylor made R5 driver; a couple of girls on my league have it and it's incredible! Keep hitting them straight! Sue McD
Steven K.
on 4/4/06 3:08 am - Berkeley, CA
Love your golf WLS site! Steve RNY 6/7/05
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/06 10:38 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Hey Dave--on't think I ever realized it was you who I had responded to on this board. Must have been before you got your picture up. How cool is that--hitting them long and straight! I'm in a little golfing slump right now. Nothing some time at the range wouldn't cure. Hope your weather warms up and you get to play again soon.
Steven K.
on 4/4/06 3:05 am - Berkeley, CA
I hear ya, I just bought a Titleist 3 iron hybrid, 22 degree. I got at a pro shop at 40% off and with a free round thrown in at a resort course (Bodega Bay Golf Links) to boot. I bought it after I played (had an 84) then I could not wait until the next day to go to the range and try it out. My regular 3 iron went about 180 the hybid about 190 and straight. I currently using a set of top flight regular shaft cavity backs, and am looking to go to blades, probably a dumb move, too. I am not hitting ball as far as I did in my youth (now 54) but it is a lot straighter! I started back at golf after a long lay off (ten years) then 9 months later I decided on the surgery and did it 6/7/05 RNY. My handicap went up! from a 9 to now a 13, go figure , 130 lbs and higher handicap! Golf is and was my salvation!
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/06 12:04 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Blades--No way! My son is a scratch golfer and he thought he should put his cavity backs away and he bought some blades. Big mistake. The thing about cavity backs is that they are a little more forgiving--well actually a lot more forgiving. 9 or 13 handicap I would bet that you may regret it if you switch. Lots of the pros are playing with some form of cavity back. Love my hybrids! Best golf purchase I ever made. You didn't ask me--but I thought I'd offer up my experience--lol.
Steven K.
on 5/5/06 3:40 pm - Berkeley, CA
You were right, I did not buy blades, but now am the proud owner of Titleist 704.CB cavity backs, nice size, smaller than the larger top flights that I was using, now I am getting some movement on the ball and the clubs look like what I used to use. Hitting it much straighter, too. Thanks for the input!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Support Group in PA
judytorre · 0 replies · 823 views
Edmonton Golf
Frenchie_1234 · 0 replies · 357 views
anybody watching the Masters?
olivija24 · 0 replies · 338 views
Got a new set of clubs!
Dave · 6 replies · 424 views