New Grandchild

LLinderman
on 10/1/03 5:02 am - TUCSON, AZ
I guess I'm the first one to post here. I have a grandson who will be 2 years old in November. I was so excited when he was born and he is such a sweetheart. Just found out he will have a little brother or sister in the spring. Don't feel the same way this time and am not sure why. Any thoughts?
cdgrandmother
on 1/13/04 11:17 am - Lenoir, NC
I never had any problems with the happiness of a new grand child taking me by storm. But with the 2nd, we knew for 4 months that it was a girl and that stole a little of the thunder and fun. kinda like when you open your Christmas gift and know what it is before Christmas. We love her as much as we do the others, the delivery wasn't as much fun...but she was still our first granddaughter...as a matter of fact, she is the only one. The oldest was her brother and the first so that was very exciting. She was the first girl so I had 4 months of baby girl clothes shopping. Then with our youngest, we were in the room when he was born and that was so exciting! You will find something special about each and every grandchild that you have. We were even excited when my son-in-law made us instant grandparents when he and his son married into our family...umm I guess I should say he and my grandson because the child was only 18 months when they met and I loved him long before he became ours
Donna G.
on 2/26/04 10:12 am - Sacramento, CA
I have 9 grandchildren, ages 3, 31/2, 4, 5, 51/2, 71/2, 9, 10 and finally 15. Every birth was exciting, and different. I was there for each, but only saw 2 born. (4 were c-sections and for 3, I was in the waiting room with siblings) I am only sorry there won't be more. All the Dad's got snipped. Actually it's like a Santa sub-station at Christmas and a day care center when they are all here, but I wouldn't change a thing. Don't worry, the closer it gets the more excited you'll get. Congrats, Donna
tealady41
on 2/27/04 4:48 am - Mesa, AZ
My oldest grandchild is now 18 and I was 45 when he was born and still a young looking not obese gramma! I was so excited and really loved looking after him 1 day a week...2 years later my first granddaughter arrived and I was just as thrilled maybe MORE because I had hoped the first one was a girl.....had even been a tad disappointed it was a boy, (just for a couple seconds!). Then my other daughter had a girl and a boy 8 years later so I had another set and although I love them dearly, was never quite as excited....but they are all great. Now I look like an overweight gramma so maybe when I get slim again, I will have more energy and enthusiasm. I am 63 and will have open Roux-N-Y on March 16th....getting excited!
gloria R.
on 3/27/04 8:51 am - toledo, oh
i have a granddaugther that is 7 and she is my whole world it is just i whole different kind of love sometimes i feel i love her more then my own son but then again i had too wait 22years before getting that little girl.and just this week i got another girl and i was very excited when she came out and she is just as beautiful as my lexis . i cant wait too see her grow up to . and a nother thing this was a suprise because she was suppose too be a boy and it came out a girl hahahaha i love it .
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/04 1:06 am - Middleboro, MA
I have 3 grandchildren and they are the love of my life.. I have two 7 yr. olds. Identical twin girls. Nicole and Mariah are their names and they are so much fun and very supportive of my surgery. They were very upset when they found out I was having an operation and I told them not to worry because after I start feeling better we will have a lot of fun !! My 3rd. grandchild turned 1yr. old in Apr, she just started walking and she is just adorable.. Petite with big blue eyes and tight curly, curly hair !!
Diane D.
on 7/8/04 10:21 am - Minneapolis, MN
I have 4 grandchildren and one child myself. I dont know how my daughter does it, with 4 children. She (my daughter) is divorced now, since May 04. She was married 10 years, my first grandchild was a boy, and oh how I wanted a girl, even with my grandsons dad told me it's a boy - I thought oh no it isnt! The second grandchild was also a boy, I knew he was a boy before he was born so I was used to the idea and he was just as cute as can be. My third grandchild was also a boy, I also knew he was going to be a boy, the wonder's of ultrasound. Eight years later my daughter told me she was expecting again, I said "are you nuts"? When the nurse came out and told me it was a girl, I went into shock. I love all my grandchildren very much, the boys are good boys, as far as boys go. My granddaughter is just beautiful. I thank god they are all here, and pray god will watch over them.
Kathy Newton
on 8/28/04 7:35 am - LaVergne, TN
Hi, I have a 2 year old grandson. Since I wasn't allowed to be at the hospital when he was born, nor am I allowed to see him, and the last picture that was sent to me he was only 5 months old. I love him but don't get to see him, so I have mixed emotions where he is concerned. He lives 4 hours away, but the parents won't bring him around. I just found out last month that my oldest son and his new wife are expecting a surprise bundle in Oct. They don't want to know the sex, so we are going to be surprised when it's born. I am hoping for a little girl. They have a name for her and if a boy it will be named after my son. They took his middle name Tyler (Ty) and her middle name Paulina (lina) and put them together for Tylina. I love the name. But won't be able to find personalized items with that name. My son is white but tans real dark. His new wife (whom I adore) is mexican, so I can't wait to see this baby born. I am even putting off my surgery until after she's delivered the baby. I get to be there for this one so I would say I am more excited about this new baby then I was about the first one. Hugs to the grandmas, Kathy
Most Active