3 Grandchildren, 2 girls one boy

survior51
on 8/13/05 5:07 am - Dayville, CT
I am new to this board. I have 2 grandchildren who live in South Carolina. Our son passed away last Sept 3rd. He left the 2 children, Abigail who is 4 and Joseph who is 6. I know what you mean its hard when the grandchildren do not live in the area. They did stay with us for a week this past June. Our other granddaughter Katie who is 6 lives with us. We have joint custody with her dad. Her mom (our daughter) has suppervised visits. Katie will be going into 2nd grade. Joseph into 1st grade. I believe Abby is going to pre-school. . I am pre-op. I am going to have the lap band. I met with my Dr.. He gave me a list of things I have to do before surgery. I met with the psch. I have one more visit next thursday. I had my colonoscopy. Been to one mandatory meeting and one support group meeting. I have 2 more to go to. I have to loose 10 pounds which I think is the worst part. The Dr. told me if I lost 20 lbs that I would go under 200lbs. I weigh 286 lbs now. I am 5'8". If anyone has any ideas to loose the weight before the surgery. I know exercise. I have arthritis bad so have a hard time walking a lot. Tonight my husband and I are going to walk a little. Take Care; Phyllis
PinkShabbyRoses
on 8/14/05 3:10 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hi Phyllis I am Kelly and I live in California....I am also waiting for WLS.... I am also so sorry about your son....I too, Have lost a child (Everett) was my youngest son and he was killed by a drunk driver......Everett was 20 when he passed and never had any children of his own......I do have 4 grand little ones aren't they just wonderful? I have a g-son Eric he just turned 7 and 3 Granddaughters Emilie 10 and Miss Abbie is 3 and my makayla is 5..... Nice to meet you and welcome to the board Kelly
Most Active