I did it!

Lexie M.
on 9/1/04 10:42 am - Wasilla, AK
I finally got my salon finished (in my home) and open for business! I haven't been working in a salon since I moved here 4 1/2 years ago so I am starting out with NO clientelle and yet I get a few people calling each week for appointments! YAY! Any suggestions for tricks to getting my clientelle built up? I give free paraffin hand dips to first time customers. I give $5 towards any service when someone refers a friend. Can ya think of anything else? I thought of handing out flyers during the 4th of July parade, but I didn't get open in time. Brain storm with me..c'mon! Share the knowledge! (I could use the money! Ha!)
Michelle B.
on 10/2/04 1:14 am - Rochester, NH
GOOD LUCK TO YOU! NETWORK! NETWORK! Go to other local small businesses & intro yourself, leave business cards or flyers if possible & try to strike a deal with the business owner to refer customers & the business owner will get a free service or discount!! Referal from existing customers is always the best way, so offer them a discount. Just give them your business card & write their name on back & have the referred customer give you the card with the original customers name on back! Good Luck!
corywingate
on 5/18/05 12:45 pm - Wauchula, FL
I made up flyers with coupons and went door to door in my neighborhood introducing myself and new salon. This was 26 years ago...before I got too old and fat. Cory
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hairstylist Blogging Opportunity
BarbQuinn · 1 replies · 599 views
nails
cats3free · 0 replies · 354 views
Hello hello!
EricaC · 0 replies · 389 views
HAIR STYLIST WANTED
ogonzal07 · 0 replies · 602 views