PLEASE HELP ME HELP MY HAIR

Mrs. Suga
on 1/7/06 12:52 am - Memphis, TN
Hey family I really need your advice. I have always had nice shoulder length hair. But even before WLS I was experiencing thinning at the crown. Now that I am post-op it is shedding alot and coming out around the edges and back. I am doing my protein and I have heard about Biotin and Nioxin and I plan to get them both. But what do you guys suggest that I do with it now???? I havent had a perm since August-I'm afraid the chemicals are going to make it worse. I've been getting it in "popcorn twist" but I believe this is contributing to the edges breaking off. So now it's just nappy and I keep it covered with a scarf and a hat when I go out, but I can't go on looking like this! Please help a sista help her hair!
doodlebug
on 1/20/06 4:32 am - MN
I wish I had advice for you. Other than suggesting you not put any tension on the hair near the roots, I don't know what else to say. I tried lots of stuff as my hair started falling out at 2 months and continued till about 6 months. I had a very thick head of hair to start with so other than hubby having to clean the drain in the shower on a regular basis it was ok. I did notice some thinning around my face, and now I have some new growth that sticks straight up right in front. Good luck!
HAZEL_EYES
on 1/22/06 11:26 am - Potsdam, NY
hey sugar! i am a pregnant pre-op and suggest that u get the products u suggested. as far as styling your hair, i would say if you are using a bandana, .....don't ! it will just contribute to your hair falling out even more. if u r using a silk scarf, don't put it on too tight, cause' it will pull your edges out as well. have you tried braids to strenghthen your hair? if you don't want to get extensions, get your natural hair braided, and get one of those bomb wigs, that they have out now. that should buy you some time while you take the nioxin and biotin. in the meanwhile i would finally suggest that u maybe seek advice from a dermatologist to see if you have alopecia since you were losing hair before surgery. god bless u in all your endeavors.
Margaret Smith
on 6/9/06 7:02 am - Lake Wales, FL
Hello sista as you say if I where still in TN we would be sista's as I was born in Lawrencburg Tn but was raised and still live in FL ,but anyways we are sistas in another way we are both WLS sistas, OK Now abt ur hair--I', also a hairdresser,,,, U need to get NIOXIN PROTECTIVES SCALP THERAPY OR GO TO WWW.NIOXIN.COM AND ORDER THE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER. When I 1st had my WLS 11/15/04 I started losen my hair abt the 4th month out and I told my mom why she was at supply house to ask what I needed to get bec of WLS and losen hair and they said to get NIOXIN and it has really helped me a lot ,All my hair had growed back and was even thickerm then before and then boom I got very ill and was on life support and spent 2 1/2 months in hosp and 3 wks in nursing home,,the worst part was I was confined to bed and could only move my head,I had past shoulder length hair and it was breaken and fallen out again,so mom had to cut my hair when i got out and right away i started back w/my shampoo as soon as i was able to have showers and now i have cut my hair short and its growing back thinker and not only that now my hair has decided to grow back curly,,so no more perms for me,,TG even though i got them free,,,,,I just hated haven perm rods in my head.LOL ANy ways please make sure you try this shampoo it really does help. [email protected] 257/183
TAP76
on 1/8/07 8:27 am
I am a hairstylist. Check to see if your iron is low. If so, consult with your primary doctor on what vitamin you can take to regulate it. If your surgeory was recent, then you may just have to wait a couple of months so that everything that was pumped into your body wears off. During that time use DRC by Dudley as a 20 min treatment under the dryer twice a month. Along with that you want to us organic root stimulator"s uplifting shampoo, mayonaise treatment, olive oil scalp cream and carrot oil cream (all by organic root stimulator). This company may also have other products for thinning hair. Remember it is ok to get the telephone of these products to get more info. God Bless. Anymore Questions feel free to email me @ [email protected].
wisehealing
on 8/25/08 12:36 pm - Everett, WA
 I realize this an old post, my past experince with pos -op hair lost ,Doo-Gro Stimulator I got at Sally's Also Teatree hair products

Earnestine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hairstylist Blogging Opportunity
BarbQuinn · 1 replies · 599 views
nails
cats3free · 0 replies · 354 views
Hello hello!
EricaC · 0 replies · 389 views
HAIR STYLIST WANTED
ogonzal07 · 0 replies · 601 views