Jacket = Old friend

panhead58fl
on 6/21/07 2:06 am - Barboursville, WV
Hi Guys, As you can tell by my handle and the picture of the '58 pan head in my signature I own a couple of harley's and ride every day. I have had my '58 pan head for 29 years. I have a leather jacket that I bought at a harley shop 28 years ago. You know the kind, the old school Marlon Brando looking thing. I have out grown it several times and the last time I could wear it was at least 9 years ago. I was hanging up a shirt last night and culling some clothes and I looked over an saw my old friend hanging there and thought "I may be able to wear it now", as soon as I slipped one sleeve on I got excited because I knew it was going to fit. Sure enough it did. I wasn't really cold this morning but I wore it in to work on this morning's ride. I was 21 when I bought that jacket and the memories it brings back are unreal. Well, the ones I can remember. At 21 partying and chasing women was my main focus. Big surprise there. If I had listened to my wife it would have been gone years ago. But this morning I shared a ride and some memories with an old. LIFE IS GOOD pan head
rosie09
on 6/22/07 5:49 am - Mclainsville, NC
There just something about the feel and smell of an old leather jacket and the memories it holds. Wat to go!!!! 2007 streetglide
LLovingMom
on 6/25/07 9:36 am - Ewing, NJ
I have two favorite jackets. One was a light weight dress leather and the other was the heavy weight riding leather. I can fit the dress leather and wore it all winter (even though it was a bit too lightweight for the weather). The riding leather I'd given to my husband years ago. It had stopped fitting me and he could wear it so he did. Wore it to death even. I reclaimed it a few months ago, and I'm hoping by the time the weather cools this coming fall, it'll fit me like it used to. Currently, I'm trying to bring it back to life. Have had a few holes mended and the zipper fixed. Just waiting for the day.....!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone
nymomof2 · 2 replies · 427 views
TV Show, Houston Ladies?
missmollyk · 0 replies · 507 views
LETS GET ACTIVE
rosie09 · 2 replies · 437 views
Hi, fellow "bikers"!
Jean M. B. · 2 replies · 496 views