A little sore in the saddle

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/06 5:08 am - Tampa, FL
As I posted earlier on another board, I rode my Heritage softail for about six hours yesterday. I took back roads so I only put about 250 miles on it, but I was in the saddle for about 6 hours. I actually rode for three hours, got to my destination, got off of the bike for about 1 1/2 hours, and then rode back another 3 hours. About the last hour or hour and a half I was getting real uncomfortable, my butt was hurting and I was starting to chaff, any ideas how to prevent this next time? I was wearing blue jeans that have never bothered me before, although I have never been on the bike that long in them either. Are there any secrets to long distance riding that y'all could share with a fairly new rider? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve
Mark Featherstone
on 1/31/06 10:40 am - Sterling, VA
Steve If it is the stock seat you will always be sore. They suck. I bought my first Harley a year ago, and even the Ultra Classic needed a Mustang Seat. There are tons of seat pads, beads and other things that will help. I have had 4 bikes now and I have put Mustang seats on all of them. Also, if your not into the long distance riding, you may need to break your butt into it. (Butt Buffer) (Air-Hawk) are two of the more popular pads or seating systems. I am going to be in Daytona this year for bike week, will you be up? Any questions drop me a line. Mark
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/06 10:11 am - Tampa, FL
Thanks Mark, I may look into a different seat. I'll be in Daytona thursday 3/9 through sunday 3/12. Maybe we can hook up. Steve
tonyskid
on 2/9/06 6:22 pm - North Hudson, NY
Hey Steve I know all to well what you mean about hurting from sitting on that seat for long trips, mine hurts also when I ride it for more than two hours or more. It wasnt so bad when I had all the extra weight but when I lost that 200+ pounds it was not fun anymore to ride, I checked into a the AIR HAWK seat the other poster talked about and have a friend that has one and loves it and says she can ride all day long with it. Only problem I would have is ordering it for my softail from a picture when I would like to see it in person before buying one so I can make sure I like the look of it on the bike. I see you are going to Bike WEEEK and that sounds like so much fun and would love to go but I think it would be hard for me to go alone and not ever going before to know where to go and where to hang out. Anyway check out the air seat if you are looking for a soft seat to sit on. Tony 1999 softail custom
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/06 9:21 pm - Tampa, FL
Thanks Tony, I think i'm going to check in to the Mustang and the Air Hawk, I truely think that a better seat will help with the sore butt. I noticed the last time I rode, that there really isn't a lot of padding in that stock seat, and since I lost all of my padding, it does get a little uncomfortable. Steve 2006 Heritage softail classic
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone
nymomof2 · 2 replies · 427 views
TV Show, Houston Ladies?
missmollyk · 0 replies · 507 views
LETS GET ACTIVE
rosie09 · 2 replies · 437 views
Hi, fellow "bikers"!
Jean M. B. · 2 replies · 497 views