soooooooo... i've always ...

ChelseaSkunk
on 2/1/06 10:49 am - Fresno, CA
soooooooo... i've always wanted a harley, and i dont know how to ride. lol that is my one goal after i get my surgery is to buy a bike. Is there like drivers training?
Kim P.
on 2/2/06 3:58 am - Orlando, FL
Yep......its a 3 day safety course. Thats what I did then the following month I bought my bike.
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/06 7:18 pm - Tampa, FL
Chloe, My wife, daughter and I all bought bikes even though none of knew how to ride. After one short weekend we were in the saddle riding with a motorcycle endorement on our licenses. If you can ride a bike and have a drivers license, they'll teach you everthing you need to know. It's a great course. Go to www.msf-usa.org (motorcycle safety foundation) and look for places near you that teach it. Good luck Steve
jilldennis
on 2/16/06 8:16 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Steve I didn't realize you road a harley! We met at the VA WLS Friends Winter Conference! My husband and I ride too! This afternoon I rode for about 2 hours. It was wonderful...I just didn't feel like sitting in the office! BTW - My parents live in Clearwater and my sister and her family livein Palm Harbor! Small world! Hugs!It was great meeting you! Jill
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/06 6:38 pm - Tampa, FL
Jill, it was good meeting you and your husband in January. Not only do I ride a Harley I love it. I'm not 100% sure it's going to happen yet, but i'm planning on riding my bike back up there in June for round two. Tony and Track are supposed to bring their bikes too, for a little ride one day. Would love for y'all to join us. If you ever get down to Clearwater le me know. Steve
Bonnie R.
on 2/7/06 10:43 am - Amarillo, TX
I am taking a motorcycle course at our local community college in the Spring, the cost is about 150.00 and they provide the ride. Im looking at taking over our Dyna SuperGlide and DH is looking at a Heritage Softail. I cant wait!!
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/06 7:07 pm - Tampa, FL
Bonnie congratulations on taking the rideing course. You will so enjoy riding yourself. And tell your DH that I just bought a Heritage Softail Classic and I love it. Steve
JenWI
on 2/17/06 10:38 am - Racine, WI
Hi Chloe, You can also check with some of your local Harley dealers to see if they offer the official H-D sponsored program called Riders Edge. It's an awesome program or new riders and for those looking to improve their skills. You learn on a 495cc Buell Blast. While it is more expensive than most MSF courses, it is truly a different experience and is really an entire package, so it's worth it. More than 40% of the Riders Edge graduates are women. In fact, check with your local Harley dealer because often times they have programs geared toward women on the care and maintenance of bikes, fashion, etc. The more you know, the more comfortable you will be. I have been riding for over 6 years and it is truly exhilerating. I can't wait to finally look as good as I feel riding my bike. When I wear leathers, I want to feel sexy, not like the cow who owned the hide before me. Right now I'm still waiting for insurance approval but by this time next year I hope to be a brand new me, and maybe a brand new bike (preferrably the Dyna Street Bob). I hope you pursue your dream, you won't regret it! The amount of attention your get as a woman rider is priceless!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone
nymomof2 · 2 replies · 428 views
TV Show, Houston Ladies?
missmollyk · 0 replies · 509 views
LETS GET ACTIVE
rosie09 · 2 replies · 438 views
Hi, fellow "bikers"!
Jean M. B. · 2 replies · 498 views