Daily posts 10/16 and 10/17

jktcbuck
on 10/17/08 5:28 pm - IA
I recently took on a part time job in addition to my fulltime one, so I apologize for my tardiness.

If you have fallen victim to the carb monster and escaped his grip....how have you done it?

How many times a week do you exercise and what exactly do you do when you exercise?

Beginning 261 /Current 182 /Goal 160 Almost at the end of my rope!

Vanishing Vixen
on 10/17/08 9:36 pm - NJ
I refuse to fall victim to the carb monster!  Seriously though, I don't look at it like that.  I make sure I eat carbs in moderation, so that I'm not "forbidding" anything.  Yesterday, I baked DH cookies.  I had two.  Before WLS, I would have eaten half of them.  That's progress. 

When I go to the gym (where I'm about to head off to!) I usually do cardio (about 25 minutes) and then weights.  Today's just cardio though.

Highest: 315 ~ Surgery: 296 ~ Current: 177.8 ~ Goal: 165

Karen R.
on 10/18/08 10:46 am
With lapband the carbs do not work well. If you have proper restriction it get stuck and then it comes back up....That's not pretty!!!

Exercise I go outside everyday with the granddaughter in the stroller and run up and down the driveway, I do this about 25 times which comes to 1.5 miles....Then I do WII Fit every night with my grandson....

Karen

kmvanvliet
on 10/18/08 11:50 am - Manchester, NH
I don't really have a problem with carbs.  Having said that, if I do eat some bad carbs, I find that I want more of them, so that's why I stay away from them.  I don't worry about good carbs, like fruit and veggies, and I eat whole grains.  I just try to stay away from the snack foods.

As far as exercise, I do weight training 2-3 times a week.  That is, I do weights, circuit training and also work with a 6 lb. medicine ball.  In addition, I walk.  Sometimes I walk to work or I walk at lunch time.  Today (Saturday), a friend and I took a walk through some woods near here, primarily to scope out the area for winter when we'll snowshoe or cross-country ski there.  When the good weather leaves us, which I'm dreading, I'll probably do my cardio at the gym on the upright bike or the elliptical.
"I am not the skin I'm in, but the soul within."
JustJean
on 10/18/08 12:46 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
I've had a hard time with the carbs lately - and I agree - he gets a grip that's hard to escape!  The easiest way for me to get back on track is cold turkey - literally!  I go back to a strict protein diet - no carbs at all - for a few days...  then relax it again...   I guess this is what maintenance is all about - up a few, down a few...

I walk, mostly...   on break and lunch, and sometimes in the evenings...  

Sat on the loser's bench 8-25-06!! 
High 334/PreOp 275/Curr 168

Made it to goal, then gained again...  working back to goal of 155!! 

The Lord doesn't require us to succeed, He only requires that you try - Mother Teresa

jj_in_CA
on 10/19/08 9:04 am - Gualala, CA
I stay far from the carb monster..20g/day.  They are my nemesis.

I exercise 4 times a week.  Just finished walking my first 5k race. :-)
---jan---

---jan---

Shatcher
on 10/26/08 5:53 pm - Harrison, ME
I too have taken on a part-time job ~ gotta pay for the heat.
I have fallen for the carb monster and have yet to get  grip!!!
I exercise several times a week either walking at lunch or riding my horse or cleaning horse stalls.

Stephanie

View Full Size Image

Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 404 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 653 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 847 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 534 views