Hola chicas..I'm down 67lbs

carolbear
on 9/4/06 4:01 am - Baldwin Park, CA
Hola chicas, How is everyone out there doing? I am now 5 months post op and have lost 67lbs.. I weight 185, starting at 252. It is truly fantastic to be here. I am happier, healthier, unfortunately, not wealthier...lol. Starting this journey, I had sleep apnea, back pain, and legg cramping, pain,and swelling. I no longer sleep with a c-pap (breathing machine for the sleep apnea), I haver not felt back pain since surgery, and the legg cramping, pain, and swelling is slowely going away. I am regaining my self esteem and confidence and no longer shy away from meeting new people or going to social functions. Before surgery I was wearing size 22/24 pants (stretch only) and 3xl blouses. I had to shop at Lane Bryant and Avenue or the ladies plus size section. I now wear size 16 pants (today I will go try on 14, because the 16 are to loose) and M/L blouses. I went to The Gap and Old Navy and was able to buy regular size clothing ( Plus sizes are to big-----I can no longer fit into Lane Bryants size 14, too big). I have 45lbs. to go for an unrealistic goal and 30 for a realistic goal. I would be truly happy if I stayed at 175lbs., the weight I remember as being my happiest. The last time I saw 150lbs. was at the age of 15 (21 years ago)... There are times when I fall of the wagon and I eat chips or some ice cream (UNFORTUNATELY I can eat anything) I suffer for it and I stop losing weight. I have a lot of unforseen stress at home right now and eating is how I deal with my stress. On a good note I will be starting some weight training and kick boxing classes (as well as Biology and microbiology classes) on Sept. 6..I will be taking the classes 4 night a week. I have great genes, so I don't have any loose skin but I would like to tone up a bit, especially us Latinas, the weight likes to stay with us. How has your journey been thus far? How do you deal with the stress in your life? How different are you now? Warm regards and God Bless, Carolbear
Vanessa C.
on 9/19/06 9:28 pm - Auburn, WA
Hi Carol Bear, It is Vanessa, good job on the weight loss, you deserve the best!! I am still waiting for the pics! Well, I hope all goes well for you, keep in touch and I hope things at home get better for you. I have been that way too, my house is chaotic, but whose isn't right? Isd seems everywhere I turn there is DRAMA to follow me around, take care. Abrazos, Vanessa
carolbear
on 9/21/06 5:58 am - Baldwin Park, CA
Hola Vanessa, I'm completely computer illiterate. I can't seem to be able to download the pics, I guess I have to try a different way to get them to you guys. You must be so excited, your date is approaching. At times you might feel tyhat it isn't fast enough and other times you might feel that it is to soon. No matter what, always trust yourself, you have made a great choice for YOU........... Good luck and God Bless you!
Vanessa C.
on 9/21/06 1:11 pm - Auburn, WA
Hi Carol, Thanks for your well wishes. I am always looking for a friend, Please keep in touch whenever u can, don't worry about the pics, I understand. Take care, hope you are doing well.
Most Active
Recent Topics