melisc
on 4/15/06 10:44 pm - HOLLAND, MI
Hola mi gente I'm new here I'm glad to see other latinos I am sheduled for surgery on April 24 ,2006 doing ok with protien diet but I'm getting very nervous.
Rosa
DeLaCruz(Correa)

on 4/16/06 11:33 pm - Holyoke, MA
Hola Melissa. You are going to enjoy the latinos on this site They are supportive and we will all be there when you need a hand or 2 My surgery is schedule for May 12 but your's is around the corner 7 more days Melissa and you will be on the other side Wish you luck keeps us posted. God bless you on your journey.. Amor y paz. Rosa.D.
carolbear
on 4/17/06 8:32 am - Baldwin Park, CA
Hola Melissa, So glad to have you aboard. I had my surgery on March 30, 2006, about 3 1/2 weeks. I'm doing very well, health wise. Let me tell you, very normal for you to be nervous. BUT, don't be scared, the doctors are really good and care for your well being..of course they want you to have a great outcome. Just do everything that the doctors tell/want you to do. Almost everyone, including myself, gets nervous as the date gets closer. I was so stressed that I almost ruined my chance to have surgery. I psyched myself into thinking that I wa getting the flu and that my surgery would be canceled.......sure enough, I got sick...Luckily not sick enough to be canceled. I almost didn't go to the hospital that day...However the night before my sisters talked to me and told me that I had not helped myself or lost any weight, in years, what made me think thaat I could do it now..... I knew they were right...I prayed to God and told him that he had helped me get this far, without putting any obstacles in my way. So I told him that if he felt that this decision was wrong, then I wanted him to give me a sign...............Everything went beautifully........Thank God. There was 1 time that I regretted my desicion and there are times when I crave food (especially Mexican). Then I remember why I started this process in the first place: my health, my little son, the embarassment of being the fat mother, sister, daughter, and friend, oh yeah..to get my self esteem back and to have that love of life that I used to have. Don't ever forget why you started the process, if it is for YOU, then God will guide you................... Call on us whenever you need us, we'll all be here "on the losing side", waiting for you............. Good luck and God Bless, Warm regards, Carolbear
Linda H.
on 4/17/06 8:35 pm - FERRIS, TX
Welcome to the Hispanic/Latino Board Melissa!!!! Congrattsss on the decision to have surgery!!! I think more & more Hispanics are becoming more educated in WLS.. It is normal to be scared...I actually had a sister that cried on the day of the surgery because she didn't want me to have it...but you have to be strong for yourself and also for the people around you that have supported you so far...BE STRONG and don't think about the what ifs...you have decided to have the surgery and I'm sure you have research all of the different possible outcome...just don't think about the surgery, at least that is what I did until I was in the room getting prep for surgery...lol Please let us know once your home from your surgery, I hope you have a uneventful surgery & a speedy recovery.. Linda RNY 7-25-05
Most Active
Recent Topics