Anyone with a saddle too big for sale?

Dana J.
on 3/4/07 1:23 pm - Pine Mountain, GA
Im looking for a saddle that maybe someone has gotten too small for. I need a 17 or 18 western. Dont want something too pricey because Im hoping to have my surgery soon! Thanks!
Amy E.
on 3/9/07 12:56 am - Kansas City, KS
Hi Dana, You may have already gotten your answer, but hopefully I can offer a suggestion. I just purchased an inexpensive saddle from eBay. I want to learn to ride English & so I bought an 18 inch close contact english saddle with all fittings & a bridle for less than $200. The saddle is not the best, but it will do for now. If I don't like this saddle I haven't invested lots of money. I had surgery on July 31, 2006 & one of my goals was to lose enough weight to ride again. Hope that helps...best of luck to you!!!!! The surgery saved my life & being able to ride again has been a joy! Amy
* Nicole *
on 3/27/07 7:44 am
I was almost gonna put that I do and then I read the part for a western saddle. But I would advise If you have a Petsmart with a Stateline tack in it to go there as they are all closing and right now everything is 30% off and probably will be dropping more. My concern though with looking for a saddle that big make sure the gullet and bars are correct for your horse. I am a stickler about proper fitting saddles for horses. I know far to many with problems because of ill fitting saddles. Especially western saddles are harder to properly fit. My best friend found that one out, she asked me to help her find the right saddle for her foundation bred QH gelding. Yup ended up with a 27YO saddle that cost $500. In great shape and out of a fantastic saddle maker. The saddles for QH's these days are being built for thoes blasted Appendix bred ones, nothing against appendix as I am thinking of breeding my mare to a QH stallion, but they are not taking time to look and breed right. But ok ive rambled now...lol. Happy Trails Ya'll
Dana J.
on 3/27/07 8:21 am - Pine Mountain, GA
I know ALL about saddle fitting, trust me...I had an Arab with high withers and Arabs normally have very low withers. I must have went through 40 different saddles before i found one that fit him. I have a Foxtrotter now that is HUGE and the saddle Im borrowing from a friend until I buy one is a 17in. A little too small for me but just fits my FT...He is getting fatter by the day! LOL. Anyway, I dont do english very much...I used to do dressage, but found it more comfortale in a Western for pleasure riding (trails). Thanks anyway! By the way...I dont much care for QHs either. Ive had a few. All deadheadded if you ask me...but maybe a Arab Qh cross..that may be just fine. A little fire and a little deadheadedness might make a handsome couple! LOL.
Most Active
Recent Topics
New to the Horse Forum
doloresd · 2 replies · 610 views
after a fall ?
chubbychic3 · 1 replies · 418 views
10 miles
eljayem · 2 replies · 448 views