Why is this board so dead any more?

* Nicole *
on 11/9/07 3:08 am
Really its just really quiet. Not much in posts at all. Or are we all too busy playing with our ponies. Is there ANYONE out there???
Ourpaints
on 11/24/07 1:28 am
Hi, Just found this forum! I posted some info about us on the board! Glad to have found it. I read where you have a couple of hackneys? That is neat. I always wanted to raise Ponies........I love good ponies that are kid friendly. There is a good market for them, too! We have a stud that is actually "pony sized" but bred to regular mare's we have gotten some nice sized babies. Just wonder what he'd produce bred to a pony mare? I don't know why he came out so short, because his dad was 15 hands and 1,280 pds, and mom was 15.2 hands and about a 1000 pds. He's barely 14 hands..... He has a really good disposition, tho. His babies are always so sweet and in your face friendly. If you want to go read the post, I'd be honored, or you can just go check out our website I made........ http://ourpaints.gq.nu There are lots of pics on it. Anyway, I'll be checking this board more often now that I've found it! Have a good one! Cheryl
* Nicole *
on 11/26/07 3:19 am
Hey Cheryl, It just dawned on my you sent a PM to me some time ago. Ive just been so caught up and busy I never got to write back. Cause we all know us horse people can go on and on and on about horses especially our own. the Hackneys I talk about are ones my sister rides but we do not own. And quite honestly are not child friendly. Not because of bad attitude, but because of movement. They Trot out like good saddle seat horses do. Big, BOLD movement! Also if thats your boy you talk about in your avatar. He is stunning. And I am very particular when it comes to paints, I love a good color and pattern. Not something that everyone else has. one reason why I love my girl so much. If I remember you had asked me if mine is Arab. Actually she is a 16.1 HH 1200lb Thoroughbred Mare, yes she's a big girl. But pretty as can be. She has a stunning head for a Thoroughbred and big cheeks like a Morgan. I just love her to pieces, shes one of my main reasons I had surgery. Classic in some ways, but is a very stunning Bright red bay with gold tone, till she bleaches in late summer by then she is a gold toned bay, but never looks bleached. I just love it. But has 2 irregularly shaped white stockings on her left legs only...not very common to see. And racing blood lines to die for. Born and Bred in Ocala, granddaughter of Northern Dancer and raced for 5 years. But is a rescue through C.A.N.T.E.R., her legs were pretty messed up. For the first year I had her farrier bills I was paying about $200 every 4-6 weeks, to correct her as much as possible.Most of that was for the corrective shoes, pads and trimming techniques needed. I did use one of the best farriers in the state but his prices were actually equal or a little lower than most (had a HUGE clientel). Now is much better and my bills are about $60, for reset and trim. And $75 when I need new shoes and a new pad. She has permenant heel damage in the one foot so it really doesnt grow, so she requires a wedge to not get a run down heel. But I will check out your website in the next couple of days. Nicole
Most Active
Recent Topics
New to the Horse Forum
doloresd · 2 replies · 610 views
after a fall ?
chubbychic3 · 1 replies · 418 views
10 miles
eljayem · 2 replies · 448 views