Just found this forum!~ We raise Paint Horses in Texas.

Ourpaints
on 11/24/07 1:22 am
Hi, Just to say hello to the new forum! Cool.......a horses forum! My hubby and I raise, on a small scale, Paint Horses. We only have 4 Paint mares now........used to have 22, but got too expensive! So, we cut back to our favorites and kept them. We did keep 2 fillies from this year to replace their mommas and one colt as a stallion prospect. should have 4 babies coming this spring. Gonna have to SELL this next batch! Can't keep them all! We have a cremello Tobiano stud that will always be with us, Lord willing. He's special. Plus, from him we get the neat dilute coloring like palomino, buckskins and smokey blacks (rarely). He's been good on his color production, having given us only about 3 solid foals out of about 16. He is the son of an old stud we had years ago that was a one in a million horse........if you want to see our horses, take a look at our website. http://ourpaints.gq.nu . Lots of pics to see on there. We live in NE Tx, about 90 miles south of Dallas. I had Lap RNY on 7-16-07. Have lost 62 pds since surgery and am getting excited about the idea of riding this next spring! Might even leave the 3 mares open next year to ride them!! I used to live on the back of a horse, then, picked up weight over the years. At my heaviest I was 272#. I weighed 196# yesterday!! Getting there, slowly! My goal is 140#. Anyway, hope all of you fellow horse lovers' all get your wishes and goals to come true! I'm gonna start looking for another saddle around Christmas!! Don't have one now and figure better start looking! Take care and all have a good Holiday season! Best of luck to everyone on their weight loss journey! Sincerely, Cheryl http://ourpaints.gq.nu [email protected]
BLT1950
on 3/6/08 9:13 pm
Hi. Cheryl, My name is Barbara Tabor and I live in Enid, Oklahoma and my daughter lives in Frisco, Texas and I too love horses. I have a paint mare which is bred and due in September and a yearling filly produced last April and also a Palmino mare due in September and a gray mare also due in Sept. I have a bay mare being bred now, love horses and want to ride. I have come down from 355 last year and lost to 282 when I had gastric bypass 2 weeks ago and want so much to ride and be active again. I have had so many reasons not to be active. I need knee surgery and back surgery and also now found out that I may need another open heart in June, but one that at a time first gettting the weight lost. Wish me luck. Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
New to the Horse Forum
doloresd · 2 replies · 610 views
after a fall ?
chubbychic3 · 1 replies · 418 views
10 miles
eljayem · 2 replies · 448 views