For pre ops who are wondering

eljayem
on 10/18/09 11:16 pm
yes, the difference between riding before and after weight loss is amazing.  Now I'm 65 pounds lighter, I can't believe how much more comfortable I am, and how much more confident I am on my greenish horse.  It is absolutely incredible.  It's like the riding I remember as a kid IS possible again.  Wonderful!
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
TeresaR
on 10/23/09 1:28 pm - Five Points, AL
soooo glad to hear that I love riding but am still not centered, it does seem to be improving though.  I cant wait to be a good rider again.  My horses are looking forward to it also LOL.  Of curse do not get to ride often enough for me but am working on trying to get more time for riding.  Congrats on your wt loss, sounds as if you are doing great.
TeresaR                
tonettemason
on 10/28/09 3:55 am
Hi. I almost cried when I found this forum. To know that there are people out there like me that feel sorry for their horses and look forward to really being able to ride again not just putt around has really lifted my spirits. I have considered surgery for many years and just could never get all the lose ends tied together, but it looks like this time might be for real. I have my consultation appointment on Nov. 10th and I am really excited. I hope that this time it is for real. I look so forward to riding through an open field and not felling like I am a bowl of jello or having my horse injured because I am really to big to be riding. How long after lap-band can you ride? Looking forward to getting to know some of you. TTYL
Tonette
Cowgirl81
on 7/10/12 2:22 pm
I feel the same way! I am glad I found this forum too.!!! I always apologize to my horse, for packing me around and now I tell him it wont be much longer and the old me will be back! I cant wait to help my husband with our colts again... I feel I have missed on so much! I hope more horse folks post on here I saw some one put its a ghost town in here........
Happy Trails,
LaSalle
Cowgirl81
eljayem
on 10/28/09 11:05 am
 It was about 6 weeks after my RnY that I first got on my horse.  Check with your doctor when you can get on with the band.
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
TeresaR
on 11/2/09 2:10 am - Five Points, AL
My family made me wait 1 month my dr said whenever wounds were totally healed over aslong as the horse was gentle and only walked  I had RNY.  Check with ur Dr they know what is best
TeresaR
TeresaR                
Most Active
Recent Topics
New to the Horse Forum
doloresd · 2 replies · 610 views
after a fall ?
chubbychic3 · 1 replies · 418 views
10 miles
eljayem · 2 replies · 448 views